Electric Picnic 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

Ugh, Lookin at g-sterotypicals pics there reminds of me of all the pics I have ruined by the security guys bloody jackets! Do they have reflective things like that on them just to ruin pics??

Safer if yer country roads and farms have thousands of people running around on pills 24/7 and sound systems with volumes loud enough to do permanent ear damage from relatively short exposures.
Oh yeah, it's terrible all the children who are injured each year from stampeding pillheads, it dwarfs the numbers hurt on the roads

Fair enough. I still don't think it's a safe place for very young children (pillheads probably aren't dangerous on their own, but if there's pills left lying around, what's to stop a kid from taking one), but then again i don't have any so it's none of my beeswax.

P.S. didn't you also think it was totally safe for them mccans to leave the kids unattended in some foreign country? I think we have very different ideas about what's safe for kids but again, you have kids and i don't so i'm probably not in a position to judge.

I'm disagreeing with you, dude. A child with a careless parent at a festival is in less danger than a child with a careless parent in a city, on a farm, on a road. Pillheads aren't actually dangerous, y'know?

walking your kid down the street with fumes from traffic is bad two.

so, no festivals and no walking so. so.

so so.

P.S. didn't you also think it was totally safe for them mccans to leave the kids unattended in some foreign country?
Haha :)
No dude, I thought it wasn't what you'd call high-risk - kids getting left unattended for brief periods is common and abductions are very rare - and I thought it was unfair that everyone was so down on them for a fairly minor sin.

I think we have very different ideas about what's safe for kids but again, you have kids and i don't so i'm probably not in a position to judge.
Nothing's safe for kids. It's a question of trying to minimise the risk while allowing them to experience life and learn things for themselves. This morning Isabelle was picking blackberries in the ditch while I was putting her seat in the car - she could have cut herself on the thorns, eaten a snowberry and got sick, slipped and banged her head on a rock, or even sneaked out onto the road while I was struggling with the seatbelt. The safest thing would have been for me to leave her inside with her ma until the seat was in and I could put her straight into it, but ... well, hippy-ish though this might seem, I want her to LIVE, y'know? (and of course she knows the difference between all the berries, and she knows to walk on the side of the road, and she's a good climber)

Here, did anybody buy alcohol from the onsite off licence?
We brought little or no cans with us on the presumption that we could buy it there (didn't order in advance).

Went up to the off licence around 4pm on Friday to be robotically and callously told 'we are sold out, pre-orders only'.
We informed the staff there that the official website clearly stated that alcohol could be purchased from the off licence all weekend in addition to it being reserved in advance. This statement was met with glazed eyes and a vacant stare..

I preordered mine. 2 things pissed me off about the off licence, thing the first was the fact that I had to queue 30 minutes to get served, it seemed a bit disorganised checking off names from the list of people that had ordered booze. Thing the second was that it was fucking miles away from my campsite, I may as well have brought drink and carried it in from the car with me.

I can remember all the music I saw but the stuff with people, a lot of has slipped my mind and is only coming back to me now. Over the past few days thanks to an e-mail I sent to someone I met on the Sunday who I'd not seen in a while saying that it was nice to run into them again and they replied teasing me about some load of ridiculous bullshit I said to one of her friends that I'd completely forgotten about I've been remembering lots of stupid, ultra inebriated things I did and said to people over the weekend. I kissed one thumpeder 3 times (both cheeks and forehead) as a greeting when I ran into her prior to (I think) Deerhoof/after Final Fantasy. egg_ and Sparse got off light, I just talked bollocks to them.

I can remember all the music I saw but the stuff with people, a lot of has slipped my mind and is only coming back to me now. Over the past few days thanks to an e-mail I sent to someone I met on the Sunday who I'd not seen in a while saying that it was nice to run into them again and they replied teasing me about some load of ridiculous bullshit I said to one of her friends that I'd completely forgotten about I've been remembering lots of stupid, ultra ineebriated things I did and said to people over the weekend. I kissed one thumpeder 3 times (both cheeks and forehead) as a greeting when I ran into her prior to (I think) Deerhoof/after Final Fantasy. egg_ and Sparse got off light, I just talked bollocks to them.

If you had met me we would've been a perfect match.

I kissed one thumpeder 3 times (both cheeks and forehead) as a greeting when I ran into her prior to (I think) Deerhoof/after Final Fantasy. egg_ and Sparse got off light, I just talked bollocks to them.

SOUNDS PRETTY RESPECTABLE TO ME. I LIKE TO GO FOR A 'CHAZ MICHAEL MICHAELS' MYSELF. JUST LICKIN' THEIR FACE FROM THE CHIN TO THE TOP OF THE HEAD. MAKIN" SURE TO GET THE EYEBALL. I STUCK MY TOUNGE UP A MATES NOSE. GOT LOADS OF HOOCH OUT OF IT. WETHER I KNOW 'EM OR NOT IS USUALLY NOT EVEN AN ISSUE. LIFE IS THERE FOR LIVIN'!!

THE FRENCH HAVE BEEN AT IT FOR YEARS.

ALLEZ-QUAANNNDO!!!

just a few funsnaps i took and made look better.
PC250477.jpg

Would I be right to assume that the security guard staring at you with the dead eyes went on some killing spree seconds after the pic was taken???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back