Dogs Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 4
Scamp looks like a dog who's been well loved. I like the name scamp - when I was a kid i had a dog friend called scamp who lived next door.

And Truffle looks like a dog who knows she was lucky to be rescued and full of joy de vivre.

That picture in my last post is a promo shot for one of Muds modelling jobs.

when I was a kid i had a dog friend called scamp who lived next door.
when i was a kid in roscommon i had a dog friend named scooby who lived next door. the two small kids in the house were happy-go-lucky types, one too small to talk, but the young fella who could talk proudly told me how he once stuck scissors into the dog and 'it all bled and all, even'. turned out the father was a very violent drunk. they disappeared a while after that. happy days.

when i was a kid in roscommon i had a dog friend named scooby who lived next door. the two small kids in the house were happy-go-lucky types, one too small to talk, but the young fella who could talk proudly told me how he once stuck scissors into the dog and 'it all bled and all, even'. turned out the father was a very violent drunk. they disappeared a while after that. happy days.

Fuck Scumbag Millionaire.

Thats a heartwarming story.

thairock, I don't even believe that picture is from this earthly realm.

I love this thread.

I love dogs and also people who use terms like 'dog friend' and people who buy Christmas presents for their dogs and talk about it like it ain't no thang.

what about kids who stab their dogs and think it's normal to make a family member bleed? that's kind of sweet, in a fucked up way.

don't those kids usually turn into murderers....?
I think its one of the signs of a psychopath.
a few days before christmas two drunk bastards (in their 20s) stabbed and kicked my neighbours dog to death, it was early in the afternoon so lots of kids were around. Milo was about 9 and as he'd be wandering around the road all day, everyone thought of him as their pet (he wasnt shy about coming into the house for treats but had such a sad guilty & expression that you couldnt be annoyed with him).
Thankfully Eve didnt see it but she has heared about what happened, she keeps asking to watch "all dogs go to heaven", and is still upset about it.
He was an affectionate, kind and gentle dog, much better then a lot of the people.

Agreed, I can't understand how people wouldn't like, for instance, cute spiders:

biglegs-3-25-07-stairs-frocsmaller.jpg

He'z evn haz glowz mout lol!

A friend gave me a little polystyrene type kit plane . Y'know , cost a couple of bucks , comes in 6 pieces and you put it together in about a minute . Well , it turns out that this was very interesting to Mud . He was so curious as to what I was doing that he crushed the tail of the plane with his nose . So anyway , I took him outside and threw the plane down the garden and he almost had a fit trying to catch it as it weaved and circled about his head .As soon as it got within reach he grabbed it in his mouth ...it pretty much disintegrated on contact .He made me throw about bits of the remains until , ultimately there was nothing but a pile of little pieces left. I then went inside and got an old newspaper and made some paper planes for him . They met with an equally short life but cost nothing and he loves them. I guess I have just discovered a cheap source of toys for the lad and just wanted to pass that on .

Also he loves ice cubes (actually penguin shaped ice forms).They cool him down and slide all over the kitchen floor for fun .

She was a pedigree King Charles Spaniel
113168905_m.jpg

My favourite kind of doggy evah. They're so cute they can't be real. She looks like she was a walking beanie baby, bless 'er.

V sorry to hear about your loss Thairock, it's heartbreaking.

I don't have the right lifestyle for a dog here in London, but at least I have walking rights to 2 lovely canines everytime I go home to Dublin. Took photos of both Wolfgang Amadeus Wood (Wolfie for short, Jack Russell/ Spitz cross) and Mr Heffernan (H for short, Jack Russell) over Christmas but they're still trapped on my phone. I used to think all JRs were yappy vicious little bastards but some of them are really chilled and friendly and just want frisbee games and tummy-scratches all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back