• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 4
alas_mal_3.jpg

i want....NOW!!!

Dog music for dog people..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

dog lifespan: 10 - 12 years. elephant lifespan: approx 70 years. better line up some spare dogs.

I was thinking this, but then I decided that that's what makes their love inspire so much pathos -- it's not just cute. I mean, they don't know that it won't be forever, but they're too busy being mates to worry about it.

Thairock, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. She looks awesome. Both of your dogs look spectacular, and it really stinks that she died. How's Mud doing? He must be really bummed out. When our older dog died, it was a little rough. I didn't get to say goodbye to him, which really stunk, and Roxy, the younger dog, was incredibly bummed out, even worse than she had been any time Miles was sick (she'd get very upset if there was anything wrong with him, and vice versa). She'd sort of got used to it after a few months, but the next time I went to visit my folks, I think it all came back to her because she started looking around the house for Miles, and just looking incredibly sad. I think she may have thought that Miles was with me, and when I came home without him, she was not okay with that. She was out of sorts with me until she realised that I was perfectly happy to scratch her butt for way longer than anyone else, ever. She took to Mr Jane when she learned that she could have one of us scratching her butt and the other scratching her ears at the same time.

But where was I? It's really rubbish about your doggie. She was so bouncy and sweet looking.

Also, you buy your dogs Christmas presents, which means you = :heart::heart::)::clef::.|..|

Dogs. GAWD, I love dogs so much.

I was thinking this, but then I decided that that's what makes their love inspire so much pathos -- it's not just cute. I mean, they don't know that it won't be forever, but they're too busy being mates to worry about it.

Thairock, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. She looks awesome. Both of your dogs look spectacular, and it really stinks that she died. How's Mud doing? He must be really bummed out. When our older dog died, it was a little rough. I didn't get to say goodbye to him, which really stunk, and Roxy, the younger dog, was incredibly bummed out, even worse than she had been any time Miles was sick (she'd get very upset if there was anything wrong with him, and vice versa). She'd sort of got used to it after a few months, but the next time I went to visit my folks, I think it all came back to her because she started looking around the house for Miles, and just looking incredibly sad. I think she may have thought that Miles was with me, and when I came home without him, she was not okay with that. She was out of sorts with me until she realised that I was perfectly happy to scratch her butt for way longer than anyone else, ever. She took to Mr Jane when she learned that she could have one of us scratching her butt and the other scratching her ears at the same time.

But where was I? It's really rubbish about your doggie. She was so bouncy and sweet looking.

Also, you buy your dogs Christmas presents, which means you = :heart::heart::)::clef::.|..|

Dogs. GAWD, I love dogs so much.

Thanks Jane and thanks Dogs Appreciation Thread . People have been really nice , especially anyone who met her , 'cause she was truly a 100 percent sweet dog . Her vet sent a lovely heart felt condolence card too.

I was at work when it happened and I got a call from a mate to say what had happened and that Mrs. Thairock was on the way to the vets with the chap who was driving the car (It wasn't his fault and the poor guy must have had blood and poop and vomit all over the inside of his car) but he raced them to the vets , but she died on Mrs. Thairocks lap after about a minute .
I met them at the vets and they (the vet and vet nurse) were really nice and kind to Mrs. T and Patch but of course it was awful .
Well we brought her home and she still had some warmth in her body , so at least I got to cuddle her and kiss her goodbye while she still felt like Patch.

We lay her on the lawn and let Mud come and smell and see her so he knew that she wasn't going to be coming back.
It was pretty awful watching him try to make her get up and play .He whimpered and whined and kept nuzzling her for a while. It was sad but we thought it best that he knew what was happening .

I then buried her in a pretty spot in the garden .

I think Mud sometimes misses the company but they had such different personalities and were interested in totally different things and in reality , didn't spend much time together if they were left to their own devices .

I have no idea really how affected he's been or whether it's just a case of "well , she's not here now , let's play frisbee".

Anyway , didn't mean to bring the thread down but it is the Dogs Appreciation Thread and boy! , was she appreciated.
We at least know that she had a better life during her time with us and wanted for nothing. She was a very happy pooch.
( doesn't everydog get a christmas present? )

Love you Patch , you totally .|..| (Love you too Mud )

attachment.php

Thumped Therapy :)

The sad reality is that dogs do have a tendancy to not live as long as we might like(i.e.forever).But they're they best little goofy bastards when they're around.Daisy's currently trying to ride Hansel like a little horse.

Theres great dogs like auld Patch and theres is absolutely shite dogs like my brother's yorkieLittle fucker bites everybody.He bit Daisy(and drew blood!)on Wednesday.
I hate that little bastard.But in fairness they don't walk him and havent trained him and its a disgrace.Wankers.

Thanks Jane and thanks Dogs Appreciation Thread . People have been really nice , especially anyone who met her , 'cause she was truly a 100 percent sweet dog . Her vet sent a lovely heart felt condolence card too.

I was at work when it happened and I got a call from a mate to say what had happened and that Mrs. Thairock was on the way to the vets with the chap who was driving the car (It wasn't his fault and the poor guy must have had blood and poop and vomit all over the inside of his car) but he raced them to the vets , but she died on Mrs. Thairocks lap after about a minute .
I met them at the vets and they (the vet and vet nurse) were really nice and kind to Mrs. T and Patch but of course it was awful .
Well we brought her home and she still had some warmth in her body , so at least I got to cuddle her and kiss her goodbye while she still felt like Patch.

We lay her on the lawn and let Mud come and smell and see her so he knew that she wasn't going to be coming back.
It was pretty awful watching him try to make her get up and play .He whimpered and whined and kept nuzzling her for a while. It was sad but we thought it best that he knew what was happening .

I then buried her in a pretty spot in the garden .

I think Mud sometimes misses the company but they had such different personalities and were interested in totally different things and in reality , didn't spend much time together if they were left to their own devices .

I have no idea really how affected he's been or whether it's just a case of "well , she's not here now , let's play frisbee".

Anyway , didn't mean to bring the thread down but it is the Dogs Appreciation Thread and boy! , was she appreciated.
We at least know that she had a better life during her time with us and wanted for nothing. She was a very happy pooch.
( doesn't everydog get a christmas present? )

Love you Patch , you totally .|..| (Love you too Mud )

attachment.php

Thumped Therapy :)

This made me cry a little.

I'm glad you've had lots of support -- you lost a family member there. A stunning family member with a big springy tongue and springs for legs.
Patch was some dog.

All dogs should get Christmas presents. They is fambily.

I agree.

We get Hansel birthday presents.And we get him drunk.

I love dog people. I meet so many dogs on my runs, partly because dogs often run after runners because they think we're playing. There's also the added fact that when they see me coming, they suss me out from about 50 metres away, see that I am a dog person, and decide I am FREN.

What I find weird is when people get annoyed that their dog has run up to me to say hello. I usually stop to return the greeting, and I'm like, "WTF?" because, I dunno, dog people are always pleased that someone is happy to return their dog's enthusiasm. Some of them let me stop and throw the ball once or twice for the pooch, which really makes me happy.

GO DOGS GO!

We're lucky to live in a place where I honestly know more dogs than I do people.There are some characters I meet on my dog walks, like Sam - he's a Labradoodle , basically he looks like a lean Labrador with a perm . He kinda looks silly but he makes sure none of the other dogs laugh at him by being a pretty tough stern lad.When Sam is out and about ,Mud's all like , " Um...yeah , you know , I don't really need a walk today - honest , I'm fine...no...we don't need to go down there". It's kinda funny. I then will take mud to "The Frisbee Field" where we might meet Amidala , She's a Rottwieler/Doberman cross who might sound scary but Mud met her at puppy preschool 3 years ago and the are the best of buddies . The goof around for ages , running about and wrestling but when Ami gets tired (she's very slightly chubby) she takes a break by sitting her roundy bum on Mud until she gets her breath back.
Then there's Porgy the Corgi - he's a lovely young lad who adores Mud but has a wonky leg from a birth defect , Mud thinks he's fun so they play gently together.Even though Porgy can walk under Mud with clearance , Mud is very gentle with him . I could go on for hour talking about the dogs in the 'hood but I'll leave you with the mental picture of Sasha , she's a blonde retriever who is the local service station hound and she's , well , lets just say a little soft in the head. She spends all day hanging out with a large teddy bear in her mouth.Like a kid with a blanky .She's cool.

Yay the dog people.
Must go now as Mud has slid out from under the blankets and is telling me to get up and take him out for frisbee (the all time bestest game ever - he reckons.)

Later Dog Fans

aw thairock that's so sad about your dog!! :(

This is a really really bad (er, artistic) picture of my dog Scamp, she was the family dog, we got her after my parents split up for my younger brother and she was part of the family for only about 8 years before she got really sick and had to be put down :( She was a pedigree King Charles Spaniel but she acted like a mutt, ha! She got a bit fat and she wasn't the best groomed, but she was gorgeous. She didn't have an ounce of anger in her, she'd never bite and only barked at the crows outside at night. If I ever read a broadsheet paper on the floor she'd come up and stretch right over it like as if I'd laid it out especially for her!

113168905_m.jpg

aw thairock that's so sad about your dog!! :(

This is a really really bad (er, artistic) picture of my dog Scamp, she was the family dog, we got her after my parents split up for my younger brother and she was part of the family for only about 8 years before she got really sick and had to be put down :( She was a pedigree King Charles Spaniel but she acted like a mutt, ha! She got a bit fat and she wasn't the best groomed, but she was gorgeous. She didn't have an ounce of anger in her, she'd never bite and only barked at the crows outside at night. If I ever read a broadsheet paper on the floor she'd come up and stretch right over it like as if I'd laid it out especially for her!

113168905_m.jpg

God i miss scamp so much :(

thats a great photo!

she was my favourite member of the sweetoblivion household!

we - for reasons of not having the time, space and potentially a future on this side of the atlantic - can't have a dog of our own... just now anyway. however, we fostered a dog last year for 9 months before she was taken on permanently by a great couple we know. it was sad to part with her because she's such a legend and also because, when we took her on, she had some pretty major issues. she's a rescue dog and is very untrusting of people, especially blokes. she gets on fine with dogs though. she takes about 48 hours to get to know you and then you have a friend for LIFE. i think that we helped her trust people a bit better. whenever we see her now, she almost does backflips with excitement. when she gets excited she's too cute. we have wood floors in the apartment and in the mornings when you'd be about to feed her she'd get all excited and run up and down; except that she kind of slipped about on the wood floors, which meant she used to do this comical, roadrunner style run-on-the-spot thing before she'd actually start moving. the little legend.

as i say, it was very sad to give her up. we were worried she would feel abandoned and betrayed... again. luckily the pair who took her on are brilliant. they have a great big house with a garden and a nice cool basement where she feels safe. she is mental about them and at least one of them is always in the house. we still walk her from time to time (admittedly, mrs. boigaz more so) so we don't miss her so much.

here she is, elliott (nee. truffle) :heart::heart::heart::

DSCF0789.jpg

IMG00020.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Truffle by window.jpg

Truffle is a cracking name for a dog.Respect.

I like King Charles Spaniels.They're great dogs.And beautiful looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back