do any bands make you feel physically sick? (1 Viewer)

palace

genuinely queasy like?

wolf parade do this to me... this is because i had food poisoning after going to their gig in whelans a couple of years ago...

...i can't listen to their music, look at a picture of them or even mention their name...

...this post has been painful to type...

My ex had to leave Mogwai to go outside and throw up but i think that was just the mega-sonics fucking with her tummy and what not. she remained a fan.

i can't listen to more than 5 seconds of The Charlatans.

i got sick after an autechre gig in manshester a few years back.

it was some special soundsystem...

genuinely queasy like?

wolf parade do this to me... this is because i had food poisoning after going to their gig in whelans a couple of years ago...

...i can't listen to their music, look at a picture of them or even mention their name...

...this post has been painful to type...

Spencer makes me feel funny but not in my stomach.

That Garbage song "only happy when it rains" makes me feel ill. Something in the production. They must have stuck in the vomit version of the brown sound.

Not music, but there is a certain shade of pink that makes me vomit instantly. It was the colour of a crayon when I was in playschool and the woman who ran the place had to remove it from all the crayon packs that were bought to the school. Even the thought of it recently almost made me spew...

there's also something about the way Tim Burgess looks when he sings, he kind of sticks his tongue out or something. or lets it hang around his mouth so i can see it. ugh. i'm gonna fuckin barf.

Animal Collective. And it's not just that I dislike their songs (which I do, intensely); there's also something about the particular high frequencies in their music that nearly gives me a headache. Literally, not figuratively.

Animal Collective. And it's not just that I dislike their songs (which I do, intensely); there's also something about the particular high frequencies in their music that nearly gives me a headache. Literally, not figuratively.

I think I agree with you. I feel compelled to go to their upcoming show though, to confirm/annihilate my prejudices.

i think i also agree with you about animal collective... and they haven't even given me food poisoning...

Yeh they go big in for those high frequencies, especially on Danse Manatee. Don't come raggin on the Animal Collective gig afterwards if you go there expectin to hate it!

Steady Diet of Nothing once made me feel very lightheaded. I'd say it was a coincidence though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back