Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

when a feature about unemployment in the arts sector because of the virus came
on the news, the first bit was someone handling a spud.
i thought artists were going to be redeployed to harvest to veg.
but unfortunately it was just a poetry video about a spud.

EDIT:
and total nonsense talk from Trump just to appeal to his fan base.

what do people make of these pair?

I'm trying to look past my dislike of John Waters.

The action is asking the high court if the government has acted legally there is nothing wrong that in itself whatever you might think of them personally. I really don't follow what they do at all except when I see people complaining about them elsewhere.

there's the video doing the rounds of her verbally abusing a garda, presumably from yesterday or today. 'i'll have your badge, when the revolution comes you'll be first against the wall' sort of stuff.
the woman is not right in the head, and i suspect the gardai are well briefed not to give her what she wants, which is victimhood.

Man, I had really hoped things were getting better here after the last few days numbers, but 59 dead in Ireland today. Is that the highest daily total yet?

From the IT:

"The deaths of another 59 patients diagnosed with Covid-19 were reported by NPHET at its briefing, of which 45 were laboratory-confirmed. The deaths occurred on 10 different days in the past fortnight, though most were in the last three days."

Still pretty shite though.

Gemma O'Doherty wrote articles for The Village but in September 2019 they did a front page headline:

"Gemma O'Doherty 2019:
Racist and Conspiracy Theorist."

on page 3 they list her solid track record as an investigative journalist until recent years then....

"There were mutterings that she was quietly anti-
abortion, anti vaccination but there was no pattern
of this in her journalism and she denied it..."

"Beyond this there was never any suspicion of
intolerance in private conversations with writers
from this magazine."

the rest of the article details how she lost the plot after her 2018 presidential bid.
falling in with John Waters was cited key moment in her downfall.

i'd agree with magicbaster she probably has serious mental health problems.
no one saw her about turn coming and it happened very quickly.
she doesn't seem well at all.

Well there was a time woke twitter would have killed you for saying it but that documentary she was praised for wasnt as bulletproof as everyone said, I'd a few people from the area on my timeline calling it out then.
I have of course not bothered watching it FYI.

Hit the shops today... this was the jacks roll isle.

It's almost 8 weeks in since we got the advisory and the panic buying started. Every day they get their shipment, every day it gets pillaged.

No jacks roll for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
If you go to a Soccer Mom's bathroom you'll find pyramids built from it

I've given up wondering where all these piles of jacks rolls are, and moved to the place where I'm wondering why the fuck don't the shops just buy more jacks rolls.

I think... and I'm not a jacks roll expert here... but I think the reason that Americans are buying jacks rolls like their fucking lives depended on it is exactly because every time they walk past the jacks rolls isle it's a barren wasteland. The reaction to seeing jacks roll is buy the fucker, fast.

If the shop just stockpiled a metric fuckload of jacks roll, and every single time someone grabbed a package they sauntered into the back and pulled out 10 more of them, and piled them on the shelf; everyone would calm down and stop buying jacks roll.

It amazes me though. On the one hand I think it's this amazing experiment. There can't really rationally be the massive demand for jacks roll. On the other hand I'd honestly like some jacks roll. It's been a couple of months now.

China are the only country who didn't have a warning about this thing and they have so far dealt with it better than any of the other global big dogs so i'm not too pushed about starting a fucking war with them just because they're this weeks baddies. They were being praised in January by the WHO (themseves not necessarily a paragon of goodness but that's for another day) for being so transparent and releasing a huge amount of information that allowed the sequencing of the genome.

Have we taken any action against the US or the UK for the lies and documented human rights abuses of the Iraq war that killed a million people? No we have not. Have the Five Eyes members been punished for running the worlds largest illegal spying operation since the beginning of time? No they have not. Has the US ever actually been punished for being the only country to have ever nuked another??

Gimme a break, i'd trust China about this before the US.
well said. Blaming China is lazy, racist nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back