Cat POWer (2 Viewers)

Ha ha that reminds me of the time I went to see Keiji Haino and was dozing off from boredom ... and as I left I heard someone I passed saying to her neighbour 'Imagine the depth of the feeling that moves him to make a sound like that'

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i left whelans after about 20 mins of cat power with the distinct feeling that i'm just not cool enough to get it. The gig stank of the worst kind of music nerd wankers(being a music nerd wanker this is an insult) around, it just seemed like it was full of the type of muppets who go to a silver mt zion gig and scream "THANK YOU" half way through to show how deep they are (this happened at whelans apparantly), or turn their nose up at anything that sells more than a couple of thousand copies.

The best quote that i heard form someone that was at the gig was "if anyone thought that that was amazing they're an asshole".

Oh and Pantone if ya want to pay me 16.50 ya can come round me house and I'll shit in a bag for you while playing what colour is the wind by Charlie Lansborough on a fog horn.

This sounded like a shit gig.

egg_ said:
Ha ha that reminds me of the time I went to see Keiji Haino and was dozing off from boredom ... and as I left I heard someone I passed saying to her neighbour 'Imagine the depth of the feeling that moves him to make a sound like that'

it wasn't dawson was it...from the creek.

i have a matador compilation cd. after the cat power song on it theres a song by chavez which is rockin. must get some more.

any album recommendations on chavez (as cat power is obviously shite)

f.a.q said:
it wasn't dawson was it...from the creek.

i have a matador compilation cd. after the cat power song on it theres a song by chavez which is rockin. must get some more.

any album recommendations on chavez (as cat power is obviously shite)

I've heard the cat power album once(round edels house fer dinner) it sounded good at the time.Doesn't Dave grohl play drums on it?(sheeesh that guy is the bryan o connell of famousland)..as fer artists talking at gigs that doesn't bother me too much...Ive been to see bands who say nothing and play note for note..I'll never forget the feile rage against the machine did..perfect reproduction of the album..they never said a word..it was like they were unsure of what country they were in and what language we spoke..so not a peep..I really wanted them to tell us go smash up the dail or something..I had a pie from the statoil instead. :(

sparse said:
Oh and Pantone if ya want to pay me 16.50 ya can come round me house and I'll shit in a bag for you while playing what colour is the wind by Charlie Lansborough on a fog horn.

This sounded like a shit gig.

Jesus how missing the point are you Sparse?

This is great talk from an "alternatvie" music board,

someone puts up a bad review of HGF and everyone gives andy shit.

Someone strays from the standard play the hits format, even people who didn't even go to the gig are lining up to give out about it.

Nice.

How I wish I was sure of myself as you guys.
How's that all working out for you?

I don't consider myself a music nerd, or an intelectual, far from it! But I did enjoy seeing Cat Power perform what, if you read any review of her shows, a typical Cat Power show, where she told stories (duh, maybe the story about falling down wasn't true.. it did lead into a song like... duh!) play a few songs, jam out a bit and generally make the whole evening pretty cool.

I think Aslan are playing the Red Cow Inn this week, should I book you all in?

Now you can all make smart ass comments in reply to my post,
hey you don't have to even read it!

I love

xxx

P247

ALSO!!

I wasn't going to go here, but seeing as everyones getting off with themselves here i might as well.... If Bonnie Prince Billy, or some Japanese dude, or some groovy NY improv dude did what Cat did you would be all over it. You so know you would.

I honestly think cause Cat is a chick, a bit kooky and refusing to do the standard gig bit she gets shit. I back this up by citing Tara Jane O'Neil, who I was reminded of qite a bit on Sunday, and she got a heap of "oh she's on drugs" "oh she's so flakey" etc, etc, etc... What a crock!

I'm not say its blatant sexism or anything, so all calm down before you put you're ranting hats on start saying really stupid shit.... but there is definitely a perception if a chick does something that she is a hippy dippy flake, where a guy could get up and kick a guitar around the stage and be hailed as genius.

Fact.

Pantone,
I am so with you on this one...this is a forum to talk about music and to enjoy our difference in opinions, and to learn more about music.
I enjoyed the fact that the Cat Power gig helped me to understand her music and because I love her songs I now understand it in a different way. After all we mainly relate music to our own lives dont we? It made me see the songs in a new light and that makes it more exciting for me...
So c'mon if you werent there then what exactly is the point in discussing it????
but in the end....Idontblameyou....!

Pantone247 said:
I don't consider myself ... an intelectual
Hey I'm an intellectual! If I had known the hidden agenda here was slagging off intellectuals I wouldn't have got involved :mad:
You're not mad at me, are you Pantone? I slagged off a cool Japanese guy up there, look, and said nothing about Cat Power
Hmmmm come to think of it I play in a band that struggles to play songs perfectly AND goofs off on stage in order to add to the 'performance' vibe ... and I don't think it does us any favours with intellectuals or music nerds ... if only we were Japanese

Jaysus, Pantone.
You're right about Tara Jane O'Neil too.
What a fucking crock that was.

Hag, I didn't get the snogs cos I was next door snogging Alan Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back