Cans at the Lower Deck (1 Viewer)

I'm just gonna turn up gee-eyed at gigs in future cos I'm fucking skint anyway.Then go home when I want more gargle.Probably only ever get to see the support band but sure they'll probably sound great cos I'm locked.
The Scientician has a point though.This recession is only gonna exacerbate the situation.The kids wanna get liquored up and no-one's gonna tell them any different.
If anyone has an auld granny or grandad who could lend them a colstomy bag that you give a quick rinse and decant 6 dutch into that could go some way to sorting this predicament.Then at the end of the night get one of the straightedge heads to piss in it,so's you can produce a fresh unadulterated specimen for the gardai if required ala Withnail,bingo bongo 2 birds with one etc.

If the LD stops having gigs most on here will be more or less fucked for a DIY venue.We'll all have to get in shape,dress smart,and start hawking our asses to the mainstream.It won't be such a problem for me cos I've got a pretty face and will be able to suck my way to the top of the bill at Club M.

I wrote this out yonks back for an old thread, don't know why I'm re-posting it. Maybe to help alleviate my guilt when I'm drinking cans on the inside or at least when you see me do it you'll know I'm one of the "responsible ones"!!

Can Etiquette - As some one who does occasionally bring cans into gigs, and hasn't been caught yet ;) I'd like to impart with some advice (it's common sense really!).

So you've six bad boys in your bag...

Make sure to be nice and subtle when you're entering and leaving the venue with said bag, you'll find this a lot easier if your bag DOESN'T look like it's only carrying six cans.

If you're looking for a pint glass to pour your can in, buy a pint at the bar...I find it eases d'aul conscience AND when the staff see you with booze they'll assume you bought it.

If you are pouring your cans in the toilets, which is probably the safest and only decent place to accomplish your mission, make sure that the barman ISN'T taking a piss in the cubicle beside you. Try your fukking damnest to muffle the sound of a can opening. Also make sure that you conceal your empty glass when making your way to the toilets OR take the last half of your pint in with you, drink it then top it up.

So, you've got your beer in the glass and an empty can in your hand. What do you do now? Hide it behind the toilet? Stuff it down the cistern? Force the nearest crusty to eat it for some stale bread?

NO!!!!!

You crush it up nice and small AND quietly then pop into the plastic bag you brought along inside you're bag. Hell, the six cans you bought probably came in a bag so you can use that!

And now for the finer points...

When pouring your can, make sure to take your time and tilt the glass. There is nothing more obvious then some one leaving the jaxx with half a pint of beer and half a pint of foam on top of that.

There is a lot more I could say but it's all common sense really.

I understand that some times it's a choice between the gig or cans, money-wise, but cans won't just disappear like the venues if the staff have to stay back and extra hour to clean up Jimmy the Punks 12 cans of Druids he left in the toilet.

I'm well aware how a lot of us can't have fun unless we're drunk, so if you're gonna be the drunk at the gig at least be the conscientious one.

Cheers!
.|..|

If people drank whiskey we wouldn't have this problem.

yup, used to love bringing in a lil whiskey in a hip flask to venues, did lose 3 of my own flasks and one of someone else's though while pissed over the years.

oh yeah and will people stop being fucking obvious cunts with cans, jesus just buy one pint at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back