Canadian bastards type thread #1 (1 Viewer)

Of course and my apologies for doubting you :eek:

I became a veggie because of this song as did my bro

Conflict : Tough Shit Micky from the album Increase the Pressure

Mother nature smiles and cracks a now days dawn, most people on the earth
are sleeping comfortable and warm, Out in the fileds and pastures, It's
another new day too, one without a war and hatred that Is known by me and
you. A shriek disturbs the peacefulness, the cat's Just killed a mouse, the
mother says with feeling as she looks out from the house.It's a breakfast time
the clock strikes nine, ham, bacon, one egg or two? What a shame about that
mouse, what's for tea tonight, lamb stew?
Well there's things to do, so the family divides in separate ways. Father
works to earn the keep, he's a butcher and well paid, the daughters Rø to
riding school, mother washes up the crap. One son plays with soldiers and
the other aggravates the cat. Back out in the fields, a different story Is
taking place, foxes cower with their clubs, to escape the human race.
Rabbit run for life, deer take cover in the trees
disbelief, then prepares the meat.
Think what you're doing, The system's set to ruin.
We've got to fucking stop.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the
land or sea, a bird In the sky, they'll be shot, harpooned, easten or hunted
too much,vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as
a fair world with live and let die, the Royal family Bø hunting, what an
example to give! to the people they lead and they don't Include me. I've seen
enough pain and torture of those who can't speak, so I'm gonna speak for them
In an all out attack, and if someone tries to whip me, then I'll fucking whip
'em back. Coz I've had enough of the madness. In their theatres of hell,enough
of them hounding the fox to the kill, or baby seals being clubbed, their
mothers cut up. They satisfy their greed, their wealths built on blood. Of
their slaughterhouse haunting the back of the mind, the gas chamber of farm
life, the end of the line.
It's a shame about that mouse!

i don't think the men that go out sealing are rich, nasty capitalists, they're just trying to make a living. a lot of fishing communities in newfoundland and quebec rely pretty heavily on income from sealing to survive, there's fuck all other ways to make money out there.

nooly said:
i don't think the men that go out sealing are rich, nasty capitalists, they're just trying to make a living. a lot of fishing communities in newfoundland and quebec rely pretty heavily on income from sealing to survive, there's fuck all other ways to make money out there.

they could set up a hot chocolate stand. it looks pretty cold out there.....:p

poor seals though. it is a rock (you'll appreciate that nooly) and a hard place, cos on one hand you have a heap of poor seals destined for death by clubbing, and you have the communities that rely on this practice.....ugh, it's tough.
i have to side with the seals though, always have.

it's a rock, a hard place and a soft place, the soft place being where sir paul, brigitte bardot and a bunch of self-righteous punks sit and judge people just trying to do what they've done for years and years to survive.
that's not an attack on you btw lala, 'just sayin'.

nooly said:
it's a rock, a hard place and a soft place, the soft place being where sir paul, brigitte bardot and a bunch of self-righteous punks sit and judge people just trying to do what they've done for years and years to survive.

ah yeah 'course, i know what you mean. i guess there's something very disturbing about blatant public culls like that that make me go 'ugh'.

nooly said:

surely the same could be said about irelands rural fishing community?

or minimum wage workers/immigrant workers in slaughterhouses here, even down to a local villege butcher, all these things are ways of life and all these groups are finding it harder to survive more than ever.

not that i agree with these groups just being the devils advocate here

nooly said:
Then they should move to an area that has income.

spuded said:
or minimum wage workers/immigrant workers in slaughterhouses here, even down to a local villege butcher, all these things are ways of life and all these groups are finding it harder to survive more than ever.

not that i agree with these groups just being the devils advocate here

There's plenty of jobs in tesco for them! Though to be honest I don't think I care about these local meat industries dying. I know it's not quite as siomple and black and white about this but anyone with any compassion will realise that meat etc is a horrible murderous industry and want nothing to do that. People will say that a lot of ordinary people wont know anything about this really and it doesnt effect their lives but then if the vegetarians/vegans here care enough to find these things out for themselves. So no excuses in my opinion. It's not as though the meat industry is the only place for employment.

Might be different for those canadian ones but still I think its wrong.

you should read the zine i did 5 years ago, it was called 'a 17 year old vegan's perspective on why i'm right and everyone else is wrong'. or something like that....

nooly said:
you should read the zine i did 5 years ago, it was called 'a 17 year old vegan's perspective on why i'm right and everyone else is wrong'. or something like that....

oi! :mad:

mackle what about people who work in the industry and are fully aware of what it entails but still wanna work in it

or people who eat meat, i dont think these people have no compassion, its just they have a different viewpoint on that one subject. ever fallen in love with someone who eats meat? just a question, cause i have and it didnt seem like they were any less compassionate than most of the veggies i know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back