buying a guitar on the internet??? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0
moc said:
anyone ever done it? bought a guitar from an internet company and trusted them with shipping etc?

i want this guitar

http://www.music123.com/Fender--60s-Telecaster-with-Bigsby-i154960.music?match=1#rec_items

and its €1400 in shops here... this is working out €800 quid if i include a hardcase.

anyone know if i'd have to pay a shit load of tax or anything on arrival??

i have never bought from them before but a friend bought mics off them, i think they got delivered by courier, i do know he had to sign for them and was charged extra for duties etc.

your best bet is to send it to a relative in the states (if you have one) then get them to send it over to you and mark it as an unsolicited gift with a value of $100 or sth like that

i second thomann.de. ordered the guitar on a saturday. it arrived by wednesday. got away with the tax on it (last nov) but anything i've bought since i've been hit with tax. proly still work out cheaper even if you do get hit - do your sums. never used music123.com. do a price comparison with thomann. they were very hard to beat on price a few months back.

Donkey OJ said:
i second thomann.de. ordered the guitar on a saturday. it arrived by wednesday. got away with the tax on it (last nov) but anything i've bought since i've been hit with tax. proly still work out cheaper even if you do get hit - do your sums. never used music123.com. do a price comparison with thomann. they were very hard to beat on price a few months back.
I thought thomann was inside the EU? Wouldn't that mean you don't get caught for import tax and all that?

Hey,

bought a Fender Jaguar from www.gak.co.uk and it was perfect, bought a case with it and they put it in there so damage through travel wise wasn't really an issue, haven't had any probs so far and shipping was £24

Jaker said:
Hey,

bought a Fender Jaguar from www.gak.co.uk and it was perfect, bought a case with it and they put it in there so damage through travel wise wasn't really an issue, haven't had any probs so far and shipping was £24

what kind of jaguar?, was it this one?
4567239.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back