Black Heart Procession (1 Viewer)

rumpus

Website
www.settlersite.com
Calling all cars

I'm wondering about the band Black Heart Procession

Joey [from Callexico] went on about them last night on the radio.

Anyone like'em? Is thier stuff available here?

Bought it last week actually!
Just chanced em - they had members in some other band a while back,The Crimson Curse i think.
Cool shit - the album is available - hmv all those places.

Originally posted by rumpus
Calling all cars

I'm wondering about the band Black Heart Procession

Joey [from Callexico] went on about them last night on the radio.

Anyone like'em? Is thier stuff available here?

They come over here about once a year, well they have done for the last few years. Calexicio may be doing one of those fishtank album thingys with em which could be nice

didn't go

not a big fan

twas a really good interview with him last night though, and he playd a couple of real nice songs in the studio.

I find them to be what they are - giant sands without the added twist that is mr gelb.

bought a black heart 7" about a year ago...
diddent think much of it, so diddent bother with anything else...

Black Heart Procession are well worth checking out. 2 is my favourite cd of theirs, though 3 and Amore del Tropico are also worth a look. It could be said that all their stuff sounds a little similar to itself though... They totally blew me away when they played whelans about 2 1/2 years ago with the rednecks and jubillee allstars - an example of discovering a great headlining band by going along just to check out the supports.... Some of them are in pinback / 3 mile pilot, methinks

here are some nice live mp3s by them - a pretty good introduction to their sound.

As for calexico on Saturday, I thought they were very good. A bit same-y, that's true - I just happened to like that kind of samey! Their trumpereer / multi instrumentalists were most impressive.

Originally posted by figs
Their trumpereer / multi instrumentalists were most impressive.

Ay loved the trumpets, best thing about the band I thought
I was there last night - there was one deadly song ('Ay ay ay ay, ay ay mi amor' or something) in Spanish, apparently it's an old Mexican song ... more information anyone?

Originally posted by Rimbaud
Bought it last week actually!
Just chanced em - they had members in some other band a while back,The Crimson Curse i think.
Cool shit - the album is available - hmv all those places.

drummer from clikatat itatowi i think

Originally posted by egg_
I was there last night - there was one deadly song ('Ay ay ay ay, ay ay mi amor' or something) in Spanish, apparently it's an old Mexican song ... more information anyone?

I thought Calexico were savage, i really enjoyed em despite being Johnny Nomates last night.
Dunno what that song's called but it's very famous

Originally posted by swingkid
drummer from clikatat itatowi i think

I can never pronounce their name.
Matt Anderson contributes (in some wy) to the Black hearts Amore del Tropico album.The guy wh started up Gravity Records and the band Heroin.There all connected it seems.

Originally posted by egg_

No WAY dude, the drummer was the best thing about the band.
Re the sameness, I totally agree. I think their songs never lift past their idiom. Although I do think they're really good. It was just frustrating hearing the same format repeatedly being used on songs which could have done with a structural lift. Or something special arrangement-wise. Janoworramean? It was like they were continually riffing on one idea.

Toodle pip.

P.S. Good gig d'other night Egg!

i don't suppose there's any chance that Black Heart Procession will play Dublin when they're over for the Christmas ATP?

i saw 'em at atp a few years ago. i really like Amore del Tropico but live it can be a bit drab if you ask me. still probably go see 'em mind.

i don't suppose there's any chance that Black Heart Procession will play Dublin when they're over for the Christmas ATP?

My sentiments exactly (once its after 2nd dec)... go on Leagues!! fucking class band...
havent seen em live but from what I've heard in the web, as Mark says they're a bit hit & miss...
but that wouldnt stop me popping down to Whelans....

I've seen them three times now. Each time by accident rather than design. I have to say I have found them really really dull every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back