Bitch Magnet (1 Viewer)

jackofficer

What's the story with Bitch Magnet and Codeine these days? Am I correct in assuming that they are both long gone? If so, are any of them still around in different guises? Ben Hur was a class album. And that EP that had the Codeine track on the flip-side were deadly too, Valmead I think it was called....

Sooyoung Park from BM formed Seam - deadly band.
Jon Fine from BM went on to Don Caballero and other projects.

Codeine became Him and Rex - neither of which I've heard.

Bitch Magnet rule - I kinda prefer Umber to Ben Hur, especially the slower tracks.

codeine are well gone. They were one of my faves back in the day up there with spiritualised when they weren't shite. Anyway david grubs now plays with gastra del sol and that lot,stephen Immerhawer plays in a band called raymond(shite name) douglas Scharin plays with HIM who I believe are shite.

hope this helps.

Latex lizzie said:
codeine are well gone. They were one of my faves back in the day up there with spiritualised when they weren't shite. Anyway david grubs now plays with gastra del sol and that lot,stephen Immerhawer plays in a band called raymond(shite name) douglas Scharin plays with HIM who I believe are shite.

hope this helps.

Grubs was never a member though. He only played piano on Bearly Real and a bit of guitar on the Tom 7".

Bitch Magnet! Such a great band. Well underrated. I shall dig out Umber for a spin later on.

Actually, have Seam put out anything recent? The last one was at least 5 years ago, and was a bit lame from what I remember...

I always thought Seam were poor compared to Bitch Magnet. Although Seam were good the time I saw them.
Anyone know the Bitch Magnet discography? I'd like to know what i'm missing.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I always thought Seam were poor compared to Bitch Magnet. Although Seam were good the time I saw them.
Anyone know the Bitch Magnet discography? I'd like to know what i'm missing.

Yeah, Bitch Magnet were way better alright. Headsparks is the only Seam album that's up there with the BM stuff, for me.

Their albums were:
Star Booty (mini album)
Ben Hur
Umber

singles/eps - only ones I have are Valmead and Sadie - both 7"s. There are probably more though.

aoboa said:
Yeah, Bitch Magnet were way better alright. Headsparks is the only Seam album that's up there with the BM stuff, for me.

Their albums were:
Star Booty (mini album)
Ben Hur
Umber

singles/eps - only ones I have are Valmead and Sadie - both 7"s. There are probably more though.

I have one 7" and albums/12"s I have are
Star Booty
Ben Hur
Umber
Valmead(4 songs)
There is at least one other 7",that must be all I don't have then.

Bitch Magnet were amazing. Actually at ATP this year after some band in the main hall BM were on the PA really loud. I was listening to it for a while thinking "that's totally brilliant" then thinking "I know this?" then realised "Oh its Bitch Magnet I completely forgot about them". Dont have any of their stuff though ... have to track down the albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back