best news ever (1 Viewer)

ack but I mis-spake...I wouldn't call boris 'noise' as such, but that's a genre they seem to play bills with, I'd love to see them with Earth, who are "fronted" by Dylan Carlson, a friend of mine from high school (Inglemoor High in seattle--1987!) who has some...infamy...attached to him... for youse who don't know, Earth is Dylan usually sitting on the floor with a massively detuned geetar, about 6,000,000 watts of tube power and droning, skull-buggeringly subsonic madness...terrifying... lord forgive me for telling the truth, but dylan was kurt cobain's best friend/smack dealer, he's the one who bought kurt the shotgun. really.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..yeah I can see how people may not like the early stuff (i love it though) have you heard murray st. dudley? that was their last offering and it is only soupoirb.

I think the early stuff is the best (and A Thousand Leaves is brilliant too). But as they say, for every monkey...

yo who u gonna get to support boris???
i'll form a sludge band and have songs together by then if u let me :)

Originally posted by old
The current Boris stylings can be heard via the gift of fancy modren MP3 by clique-ing here.

is this off a new album or something?
i guess they don't sound like absolutego now....shame. that shit isn't even as good as Nebula.

remember when we had a doom metal band for like a day, joss!?
that was ill!

GODZ - rip.

andy

Aye. Godz should have been contenders.
When is Joe Henry back?
Damien - Corpo will probly do it.
I reckon that MP3 is genius, but if they chose to play all of Flood I wouldn't be unhappy.
Always preferred that to Absolutego.

Originally posted by old

When is Joe Henry back?

i dunno - might have his email address somewhere...

I reckon that MP3 is genius.....

check out stonerrock.com to hear a million other bands that sound exactly like this but aren't japanese! psyche.
anyway - i'll be at boris, so even if i've discouraged everyone else from going, you'll still get my dough.
nah boris is rockin. everyone should go.

andy

Ha. Thanks Andy. I think.

Fin, the hat trick game is tomorrow.
To be discussed on NWR....

Originally posted by dudley
have any of you downloaded that boris mp3 yet?
so amazing

yeah. its pretty amazing. listened to it about 10 times yesterday. is their stuff buyable in road?

Originally posted by Rimbaud
Talking of the japanese - Best i`ve heard is HIGH-RISE.

Better news??
OUT HUD are playing one irish date in late April!!!!

Check www.goldstandardlabs.com for details - or southern.com

OUT HUD rock out big time..

hey rimbaud - what's up with you and GSL?
it's not *that* amazing a label........outhud / !!! are pretty weak too. i think...

you should be jockin Troubleman! wolf eyes, represent.
nah seriously...just jokin.

andy

Originally posted by mark
yeah. its pretty amazing. listened to it about 10 times yesterday. is their stuff buyable in road?

i think they'd have to order it for you.
boris availability is a little odd.
absolutego was released in japan in 1996, yet was only released here last year. amplifier worship came out there in 1998 or something and is only coming out here in april.
they've released another 2 full length lp's in japan since then, so i have no idea when they'll be available here other than on import.
you can buy all the records directly from their site though.

I love 'em too

I nearly shit when I read about Boris coming to Dublin. I'll be speeding down from Belfast for that one. Got pretty much all of their stuff and fucking love it. Heavy Rocks has been on constant rotation for weeks now. They've a new EP out too called 1970. Hope they bring copies and loads of T Shirts. Might just melt head with some Amplifier Worship tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back