best news ever (1 Viewer)

HAH! I can't believe you know them Dudley, my old band Junk Halo played with BORIS here in seattle in like...'94? '95?(I'll hafta find the flyer) at the late lamented Lake Union Pub(one of the most daring venues ever here--and a right shit hole like all great clubs). They borrowed the amps of every band on the set, the woman guitarist was playing through my mate Pats' marshall + 2x15", another bands marshall 4x12" and my other mate's sunn 4x12". That ranks as the most hallucinitory set I've ever seen ('cept in '85 seeing the butthole surfers--so loud + the lights that little punk rock me hallucinated without drugs), the bass was so thick in the pub it was difficult to move or breathe! Like the Melvins...only....heavier...The other band on the set was the amazing Kirihito also from Tokyo, standing up drummer and the most wack(good)noise guitar, PLUS he played the casio with his foot. the drummer used my drums and left about a pint of blood on them... Alas, 2 days after they played here, their bonehead host took them to pretty much the worst part of seattle and left ALL their gear VISIBLE in his car, so they got their really nice vintage guitars and super rare stomp boxes swiped. Welcome to america! God, I still have the BORIS shredded frankenstein sticker on my little mic case... oh god if you like them I bet you'd dig Junk Halo, 6string powerchord bigmuff bass, me on drums and fktup noise units, and the amazing Edgy59 now of interscope freaks Sinisstar (worth hearing if you like the rob zombie/marilyn manson-ish mëtal)playing strap-on analogue synth through 4 distortion boxes and 120w tube sunn stack....sick...!bing jeebus--I'll be THERE for the show!!!

That sounds great .... I've never heard them but anyone who has played with Keiji Haino is okay by me. Dudley, do you know who is putting on this gig ?????

Kirihito are deadly as well ..... my old band managed to end up on the same bill as Kirihito and another Japanese band with one of those triple barreled names (like Yeah Yeah Yeahs ... can't remember but I think they had something to do with Boredoms or AMT ???) at the CMJ in New York. The two guys from Kirihito were really really nice. They probably thought we were complete shit mind you but still stood at the front through the whole set smiling at us.

This is going to annoy the fuck out of me for the rest of the day if I can't remember the name of that other band - I'm sure one of the Jap music fans around here will know .... please put me out of my misery.

i'm not usually a huge fan of noise bands, and i don't really think BORIS are. i find them much more sinister and engaging than most others.
first time i heard absolutego my head melted
64 minutes long or so.
you press play on the cd and hear the amps being turned on, and the sheer volume just floors you. after about 5 minutes or the bass starts this incredibly sludgy slow riff, that lasts a good 25 minutes or so, then for about 2 minutes you get this mad metal part, then another half an hour the slow riff. on paper it sounds awful, but it's one of the most amazing records ever.

*plus* their merchandise is incredible.

Originally posted by hugh
can't remember but I think they had something to do with Boredoms or AMT ???)
This is going to annoy the fuck out of me for the rest of the day if I can't remember the name of that other band - I'm sure one of the Jap music fans around here will know .... please put me out of my misery.

was it UFO or DIE?
boris / thrones / sunn O))) / earth are all playing together in london.
i bet it totally sucks! thrones is really good.
i don't think boris are a noise band either, just noisy.

andy

Demi Semi Quaver

aaaahhhh .. the relief.

Originally posted by dudley

you press play on the cd and hear the amps being turned on, and the sheer volume just floors you.

you could try Sonic Youth's Silver Session for Jason Knuth EP then.

but...you hate Sonic Youth don't you?

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..yeah I can see how people may not like the early stuff (i love it though) have you heard murray st. dudley? that was their last offering and it is only soupoirb.

No it's not, it's wanky self-indulgent tripe.

wf12_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back