BBC Radio 6 Music (1 Viewer)

Deadmanposting

Supporter
Man, Huw Stephens playing some amount of Irish acts today sitting in for Garvey

It's been a very pleasant surprise

Not my favourite presenter, but I feel his enthusiasm. He knows he's a lucky so and so.

I seem to like Welsh language pop music.

You did, apparently Griff and Huw are cousins.

If them lads sang in English they'd be massive, but they don't, and I think that's punk af.

I like a bit of radcliffe and maconi at the weekends.

I used to spend hours listening to bbc6 but it started to get very repetitive and they started playing crap to death that I can't stand. Such as little sims and that poet one. I enjoy it way more just dipping in and out.

There is something about the BBC’s general aesthetic (as in the styles of presenting, the production, the idents/linking pieces, etc. rather than the musical content) that really gets under my skin. It all sounds like the fake radio stations in Grand Theft Auto.

Some of the presenters sound like you are at a party that nobody wants to be at and they are all at the point that there is just enough cocaine left in the middle of the table to keep them going till the buses start again, so everyone keeps playing vaguely trendy innoffencive music and hopefully nobody has to get to know each other.

I like Cerys area stuff of but I find the self consciousness of it all tiring after an hour or two usually

Some of the presenters sound like you are at a party that nobody wants to be at and they are all at the point that there is just enough cocaine left in the middle of the table to keep them going till the buses start again, so everyone keeps playing vaguely trendy innoffencive music and hopefully nobody has to get to know each other.

I like Cerys area stuff of but I find the self consciousness of it all tiring after an hour or two usually
Yes, this!

I really enjoy RadMac, they have the love and the knowledge. And they don't seem to care if you like their waffle or not.
It is a bit try hard at times generally I guess (here's four Tet, now deftones). But growing up with 2Fm and Atlantic 252, I think it's flipping great.

I have liked Radcliffe since the graveyard shift on radio 1 way back. So he has plenty of good will in the tank. Still like him and Maconie.

Craig Charles was brilliant on Saturday evenings. Haven't heard him since they shifted people about.

I miss the Marc Riley show. Didn't listen every night, but it was the right time for me to put the radio on.

You think the stone walls and the green grass are your ally. But you merely adopted the N17; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the M4 until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but PURE MIGHTY ALTOGETHER!

When I was a teenager the Sawdoctors were everything I hated about where I lived. All the muck savages loved them. On a bus to a party one time, one of my friends was grabbed by the collar and put up against the wall and ordered to "SING!" because he wasn't joining in with the drunken boggers singing "Used ta love Her."

Years later I discovered that the band was highly respected among the crusties and "new-age travelers" in the UK as they were seen as kindred spirits.

Sawdoctors Tony Lambert was even living on a converted bus when he won the lotto

When I was a teenager the Sawdoctors were everything I hated about where I lived. All the muck savages loved them. On a bus to a party one time, one of my friends was grabbed by the collar and put up against the wall and ordered to "SING!" because he wasn't joining in with the drunken boggers singing "Used ta love Her."

Years later I discovered that the band was highly respected among the crusties and "new-age travelers" in the UK as they were seen as kindred spirits.

Sawdoctors Tony Lambert was even living on a converted bus when he won the lotto
Slightly off topic here, but you will get top notch care in Thailand for short money (compared to Ireland)

Yeah I get you. Our friend Craig Charles maybe doesn't get that nuance. As has been said elsewhere.

Still though, we can reclaim SD's from the the pricks.

Yeah I get you. Our friend Craig Charles maybe doesn't get that nuance. As has been said elsewhere.

Still though, we can reclaim SD's from the the pricks.
The recent Smiths in Ireland 1984 doc reminded me of going to see The Waterboys in the same venue in Letterkenny a few years later. Only went because of the feeling of having missed something and also want to see a real Top of the Pops band relatively locally. The Sawdoctors supported. I was so impressed with the singers vocals. Like a foghorn even at the back of the room. Now I think of them as akin to The House Martins, clever politically aware working class pop. "sing.!"

There's an Irish woman hosting ATM. Deb Grant apparently? There's also an Irish woman hosting on BBC 4. It's odd. Diaspora galora over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back