Basic income for artists (1 Viewer)

given that FF recently managed to declare some subset of itself as a charity, while human rights groups cannot declare themselves as charities because they're political, i think we have some precedent here.

A dreamboat
im-251304
He was some ride wasn't he, he could rob my bank any day

Anyone heard anything back about this?

I know of someone who has been asked to provide further information to back up the application and I don't know if they're doing that for everyone or if they've randomly selected the people and are doing some due diligence on them. The latter seems more likely as the scheme was oversubscribed and it wouldn't seem efficient to check up on 6,000 applicants that won't get a penny.

I know one person on that scheme who's been able to take on a load more legit work in their arts area/feild because they aren't under pressure to placate the social welfare between projects.

Bloody Greens wha*

*notable the recognition of Palestine as a state was in their program for govt from a few years ago too.

What exactly do the artists in the scheme get?
I wouldn't begrudge anyone dole or a basic wage and like all of these things what is the criteria for who is picked?
EDIT:
Says 10.50 an hour earlier in thread.

Its a posh dole but you dont have to sign on/off every time you get a bit of work.
Any idea how were the artists picked?

I remember reading about 14-15 years ago that Lasse Marhaug (noise artist for over 30 years and sometime metaller) had gotten an artist's grant for a year - I think 30,000 was mentioned.
Marhaug was first Norwegian noise artist to release a record. I also heard some black metal musicians got Norwegian arts grants.

The Young Gods got a French government grant in the late 1980's for promoting the French language - despite being from Suisse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back