Ballroom #9 Aftermath (1 Viewer)

rothko

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Probably, no DEFINITLY a *bad* idea posting ( and starting a thread whilst pissed )

but

tonites Ballroom was, simply cool

The Chalets are a band I LOVE
They were AMAZING tonite

and

Rollers/Sparkers......Anne O'Malley
"Smallfoot" sends shivers up my spine

30 people queuing (?) outside, with the venue full?
wow...

well done Unclealo etc
and I hope it didn't impact Sugar & Spikes too much

me go bed now....

urrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by rothko

30 people queuing (?) outside, with the venue full?
wow...

wow is right! that's brill, well done alo & billy and hgf boyz sorry i missed it

I got into the Lower Deck at 9:30pm and all the CDs had gone. Can somebody burn me a copy or something? I'll give you a CDR, honest.

-Thayl

Re: Re: Ballroom #9 Aftermath

Ta muchly. We struggled with the sound (particularly not being able to hear ourselves blend), but what the hey - it was a great night, and brilliantly organised. My sister came all the way from gay Pareee for the gig and then found the place full. But Great-Uncle Al came through for everyone. He took a list of those who were turned away, sent them into the boozer upstairs and when people left the venue he actually phoned the ones in the pub and told to them to come on down.

Some day all promoters will be made this way (I don't think).

Originally posted by ludwig_zwei
Three cheers for farmyard animals in a blender/Homer's soothing sounds of the sea. Wonderful stuff.

Originally posted by The Evangelists
Contrats! Sounded like a brilliant night.

Somebody offer me a bed/sofa/floor. Im thinking about coming to Dublin for HGF's gig next week in The Firestone.

consider my couch yours

i've tested it meself manys the night when i was too fucked to crawl into bed and its a cracker

That makes me feel better. I was REALLY going to go but wouldn't have got there untill about 10.15pm so I wouldnt have gotten in anyway.

here lads, sort out the PA will ya.

Originally posted by Thayl
I got into the Lower Deck at 9:30pm and all the CDs had gone. Can somebody burn me a copy or something? I'll give you a CDR, honest.

Ditto! (Though I was in by 9:35.)

Well.. Cheers for everyone for coming and apologies to everyone who couldn't get in. We kinda had to improvise very quickly with how to sort out the queue and this really annoyed some people. However I think we came through for most in the end.

Cheers to all the bands, who all played great (from the little I actually saw :eek: ). We'll be aiming to get wedges in ASAP to sort out the sound once and for all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back