Back Of The Net news for Arab Strap fans - Not very interesting to anyone else (1 Viewer)

corksongs

Scenes of a Sexual Nature - Available for Record Store Day
Arab Strap's voluminous box set which comprehensively covers their entire early career up to their brief departure from Chemikal in 1998, will be available in all good independent record shops in time for Record Store Day (that Saturday 17th April in case you didn't know). Full details on the box set and its wondrous contents can be found below and you should be able to pre-order the beast from our online shop shortly.

box.gif
LP of Week Never Starts Round Here replete with artwork modifications reflecting Aidan's original 'vision'.

box.gif
2LP of Philophobia with revised sleeve artwork incorporating lyric/book effect.

box.gif
Bonus 2LP featuring Arab Strap's first two Peel Sessions, rarities/tracks from old singles etc. and a live version of 'Girls Of Summer' from Chemikal's 5th Birthday Party, complete with John Peel's introduction.

box.gif
The bonus 2LP /*also*/ includes 'Daughters of Darkness'; a previously incomplete and unreleased track, recently finished in Chem19 by Aidan and Malcolm exclsuively for this box set.

box.gif
A CD of live BBC material: Arab Strap's first ever concert at King Tuts in October 1996 and their live performance at T In The Park, July 1998.

box.gif
A CD featuring tracks from all of Arab Strap's WNSRH and Philophobia-era EPs.

box.gif
A data disc featuring MP3s of all the vinyl only tracks and movie files for videos 'Here We Go' and '(Afternoon) Soaps'.

box.gif
A complete replica of Arab Strap's original 'green frog' demo cassette as sent to Chemikal Underground in 1996.

box.gif
Full, exclusive sleeve notes by both Aidan and Malcolm.

box.gif
A full colour poster featuring press clippings/reviews/Strap-related Falkirk hysteria.

box.gif
A numbered certificate. individually signed by Malcolm and Aidan.

So, in summary: 5LPs, 3CDs, 1 cassette, 1 poster, 1 signed certificate, over 70 tracks, only 1,000 made, a /lot/ of hard work, a /great deal/ of excitiement...

i feel bad now
I went to buy it so quickly I forgot to see if Road were getting it

I think's it gonna be 80 bucks from Tower. If folk would want/appreciate it, when all the stock is in I can throw up a complete list of RSD product and your relative chances of actually getting any of it from Tower?

I've never consciously listened to Arab Strap. Would this box be a good place to start?

Did anyone else see them the time they played HQ in 1999? Jaysus, that was a terrible gig............

I've never consciously listened to Arab Strap. Would this box be a good place to start?

in my biased opinion they are all perfect way to start

I would suggest Mad For Sadness to be the perfect introduction though

i'd go for the last album the last romance, its probably the easiest album to get into and think its their best album over all. But if you couldn;t be bothered with a whole album just listen to the First Big Weekend

If you don't like these three, you probably won't like anything else.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

can't have an arab strap without this song, would've posted the official video but they cut out some of the words

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back