"Art is just a hobbie" (1 Viewer)

What happens if you're 26 but look, I dunno, 23? Can you be refused because you don't have ID? You might say, fair enough, the bars will probably only look for ID if you look under 18. But then what's the point of bringing the legislation in? Anyone over 18 who might not look old enough will probably carry ID anyway, to avoid any unpleasantness...so they must intend for this thing to be enforced, which will be just plain ridiculous if you look under 25 but are over it. In other words, they seem to have just shifted the problem upwards agewise...am I making sense here?

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..there is that too. Also It wasn't cause she is a woman that I was havin a go. I'm just as likley to call Brain Cowen and big fat ugly cunt and no one would get to worried about it. If we didn't focus on politicians physicality we would have never had spiting image. You won't see as many people goin on about the appearance of mo molan but then her politics were a bit more acceptable to the man in the street.

Good point
and Brian Cowen is a horrible cunt

Did yiz also hear that McDowell is proposing to make it illegal for under-18s to be present in licensed premises after a certain time? How's this going to affect gigs, theatres, retaurants, places like the National Concert Hall?
Is teenage drunkenness really a problem for soceity? How so? Are youngsters becoming alcoholics? Are they causing themselves irreperable liver damage? Or do we just disapprove of them doing what we like to do?

Originally posted by egg_
Is teenage drunkenness really a problem for soceity?

far less than a host of other ones.

How so? Are youngsters becoming alcoholics?

no. apparently we have a huge amount of class-a alcoholics, but they generally don't start becoming alcos til they're in their 20s, and there's no corellation between teenage drinking and future propensity to alcoholism.

Are they causing themselves irreperable liver damage? Or do we just disapprove of them doing what we like to do?

no doubt some teenagers are really fucking themselves up, but then the same was true 200 years ago, never mind 20 years ago.

the reasons for the fuss over teenage drinking are pretty simple; teens drink and smoke and do pills and screw eachother, but so do the rest of us. teens don't vote. easy scapegoat. you can wait a million years, however, for any government to propose that, say, the owners of licensed premises, or the advertisers of alcoholic beverages, have any responsibility in the state of the nations livers. no, it's all the teenagers' fault.

Originally posted by silo
i'm actually much more worried about michael mcdowell... (he says stuff like 'you have become the tools of post-marxists').

Yeah, I'm quite worried about him too.

Anyway, what the hell is wrong with post-marxism?

Not that I am expressing a preference for any one particular political point of view but there are a number of things implicit in a comment like that which bother me. Not least that the thoughts/writings etc. of Marx and, by extension, the current [post] Marxist politics/philosophy are somehow irrelevant or inferior to his own?

huh?

Karl Marx - widely believed to be one of the most brilliant political and economical minds of all time.

Michael McDowell - Instantly forgettable Progressive Democrat.

I rest on your face Herr McDowell.

!baggyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back