Ah Crikey - Steve Irwin RIP (1 Viewer)

interesting to note that Wikipedia have already edited their Steve Irwin entry with details on his death and have also edited the stingray section to include his death. Boy, those guys work fast.

Still very sad though. one of the most entertaining aussies ever.

They're young enough to get past it. But yeah, Steve-o woulda been a deadly dad/grandad to have. Shame.

ah for god's sake, young enough to get past it!
never young enough to get past it, deal with it maybe but not get past it!

Sad news. First piece of news I heard this morning. :(

I mean, he was a perfect target for lampooning but at the end of the day he was very entertaining, loved animals and nature, and made some great tv shows.

RIP

Sad news. First piece of news I heard this morning. :(

I mean, he was a perfect target for lampooning but at the end of the day he was very entertaining, loved animals and nature, and made some great tv shows.

RIP

He seemed like a very genuine chap. Mad as a bag of cats but definitely passionate about animals and conservation.

The only thing he ever did that was stupid was feeding that crocodile while holding his one month old baby. I'm sure he felt he was in complete control but it would have taken just one slip....... doesn't bear thinking about.

Sad that he's gone. His enthusiasm in his programmes was infectious and he seemed like a very nice bloke.

Looking at his IMDB profile, there's a bit in the trivis section which goes like this

He tells his camera crew to always be filming. If he needs help, he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape.

Jus sayin

Yes to all those good things said about him, but I never did quite come to terms with the fact that he teased and tormented animals for the amusement of his paying public. I've seen snake shows in Thailand where the conditions were far more atrocious, but the principal was the same. Still, I'm sure his heart was in the right place.

Looking at his IMDB profile, there's a bit in the trivis section which goes like this

He tells his camera crew to always be filming. If he needs help, he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape.

Jus sayin

he said it.

and the whole thing was caught on film and it is apparently "horrifying."

he was stung by the barb, pulled it out, and died a few seconds later. ju-AY-sus.

(the film has been handed over to the queensland cops)

he said it.

and the whole thing was caught on film and it is apparently "horrifying."

he was stung by the barb, pulled it out, and died a few seconds later. ju-AY-sus.

(the film has been handed over to the queensland cops)

I give it a week before it's up on the net.

I give it a week before it's up on the net.

apparently the family want it released. pretty sick. but then I hope my death is filmed and maybe shown every christmas. hopefully it involves a huge battle. or like Elias running from the jungle chased by bullets and army types.

apparently the family want it released. pretty sick. but then I hope my death is filmed and maybe shown every christmas. hopefully it involves a huge battle. or like Elias running from the jungle chased by bullets and army types.

Excellent. Cant wait for this, this is gonna be great, etc.

Dramatic videotape of “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin’s last moments shows him pulling from his chest the poisonous stingray barb that killed him, officials said today, as tributes poured in for the beloved naturalist famed for getting dangerously close to deadly beasts.

Police said there were no suspicious circumstances in the death of Irwin, who was stabbed in the chest yesterday while snorkelling with a stingray while filming a television program on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, and no evidence he provoked the animal.

John Stainton, Irwin’s manager who was among the television crew on the reef, said the fatal blow that struck the presenter and conservationist was caught on videotape, and described viewing the footage as having the “terrible” experience of watching a friend die.

“It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he’s gone,” Stainton said in Cairns, where Irwin’s body was taken for an autopsy.

The tape of the death of the man known by TV audiences worldwide for his infectious enthusiasm in the series “The Crocodile Hunter” was secured by Queensland state police as evidence for a coroner’s inquiry – a standard procedure in high-profile deaths or those caused by other than natural causes.

Irwin, 44, was shooting footage for a project he was making with daughter Bindi, eight, for airing next year in the United States when he was fatally stung off the north Queensland coast.

Today, his body was returned to the Sunshine Coast, where his American wife Terri, Bindi and their son, Bob, almost three, were keeping a low profile at their home near Australia Zoo, Irwin’s wildlife park. No funeral plans were announced, though Queensland Premier Pete Beattie said he would get a state funeral if the family agreed to it.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back