Additions to the site? (1 Viewer)

Knacker

Website
www.ballroomofromance.com
Cormac was only at the Things meeting briefly so I couldn't put these forward last night. Just some ideas for the site.

There's a bunch of people doing recording around the town (Dave Broy, Glascott, Peter, Steve Shannon come to mind) and I think it'd good to put their contact details onto the site. In addtiion to this, MP3s of songs they've produced (say a before and after production) could be hosted on free web-sites such as eircom.net and links could be made to them. The same could be done for graphic designers and other such professions that are somewhat useful to putting out an album.

It's been brought it before, so I'll just throw it in. Maybe having links to Road Records site on the albums on the distro page so folk can go and buy them for themselves.
Tracer AMC have a pretty neat Flash player thing on their site which plays six of their songs. It might be an idea to incorporate a similar thing on the Things site with songs from bands on the distro (that could be impossibly long and hard to do though).

Something on the front page which obviously points people in the direction of the resources section. I know that there's a link on the top bar, but for me it's the most useful part of the site. A big button with "RESOURCES" or something on it so dumb-asses like myself can see it instantly.
I'd also like to see a message on the front page giving details of the next Things meeting (something like "Next Things meeting is on the 12th May at the Lord Edward, Christchurch").

Anyway... that's me thru'pence

Originally posted by Knacker
There's a bunch of people doing recording around the town (Dave Broy, Glascott, Peter, Steve Shannon come to mind) and I think it'd good to put their contact details onto the site. In addtiion to this, MP3s of songs they've produced (say a before and after production) could be hosted on free web-sites such as eircom.net and links could be made to them. The same could be done for graphic designers and other such professions that are somewhat useful to putting out an album.

I could create new categories for 'Freelance sound engineers' and 'Graphic designers' in the database - find out some details for me Billy and send em on (or get someone else to do it) and I'll sort it out

It's been brought it before, so I'll just throw it in. Maybe having links to Road Records site on the albums on the distro page so folk can go and buy them for themselves.

I've just finished writing a stock-tracking application for the distro people which is being tested by Ro, Richie and Donnchadh as we speak. When we're sure it works as planned we'll have a new distro page - there's provision made in it for a link to the records in Road but I have to talk to Road first to see how they themselves link to the records ...
In short, it's on my list ... I'm a bit burned out on programming for Things at the moment but it will get done sooner or later

Tracer AMC have a pretty neat Flash player thing on their site which plays six of their songs. It might be an idea to incorporate a similar thing on the Things site with songs from bands on the distro (that could be impossibly long and hard to do though).

If anyone cares to make such a movie I can put it on the site, but I know nothing about flash and so won't be able to do it myself

Something on the front page which obviously points people in the direction of the resources section. I know that there's a link on the top bar, but for me it's the most useful part of the site. A big button with "RESOURCES" or something on it so dumb-asses like myself can see it instantly.

I don't know about this ... what do other people think of the navigation? I think the resources button is as obvious as it needs to be

I'd also like to see a message on the front page giving details of the next Things meeting (something like "Next Things meeting is on the 12th May at the Lord Edward, Christchurch").
That can easily be added as a news item but I don't know if it's a good idea - we already have so many people at meetings that it can be difficult to get anything done. If people aren't interested enough to go and look at the forum, then I don't think there's any point in them attending a meeting

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back