Adam Ant appreciation (1 Viewer)

Best adam ant albummmmmm

• Various Demos/bbc sessions/b-sides that you could cobble his 'missing' punk album out of

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Dirk Wears White Sox

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Kings of the Wild Frontier

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Prince Charming

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Friend or Foe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strip

• Vive le Rock

• Manners & Physique

• Persuasion (unreleased but leaked)

• Wonderful

• Total voters
Dirk is a better album, but cause I had Kings when I was a chiseller and know it inside out in the way you only do with records you had when you were a child, I'll always have a bigger soft spot for it.

Prince Charming was the first single I ever bought, but not the first single I owned. My dad bought me Save All Your Kisses for Me by the Brotherhood of Man, 'cause I was "only three", like in the song.!cheezy

But how could you get Boy George and Adam Ant mixed up, facially like? Adam = chiseled cheekbones, George = big round face, even when he was a youngfella. Adam was soooooooo beautiful, sigh.

I sort of liked Adam Ant and Boy George. And I knew enough even at that tender age to not let on to anyone.

Ha - I think my Dad was really worried about me liking Adam & The Ants and Queen at the tender age of 9 or 10.

I voted Kings - one of the best and most original pop albums ever. Would have been 100% perfect if they'd left Jolly Roger off. The cassette I had of it had a great bonus song called Press Darlings.
The only albums I've owned on cassette, vinyl and CD are Kings and Killing Joke - Killing Joke.

Downloading that rock and roll file now.
Cheers I Is John.

I have a memory of calling in to a small record shop in the Queens Old Castle almost every saturday to see if the Adam Ant t shirt was still there. I wanted it, could'nt afford it. and was always relieved when noone elso bought it. It has his indian chief jacket printed on the shirt looking like you were wearing the jacket. Not unlike the Tuxido t shirt that was "all the rage" round the same time.

Friend or Foe would be more appreciated if they had followed the double album concept they had for it originally, the amount of unreleased (at the time) songs from those sessions.....

thanks a mill for the rar link iisjohn, listening to dog eat dog right now, fuckin gift!
kings... defo makes me wet out of all the records in the poll !

Here, I've uploaded the complete 1978 Decca demos which someone compiled from the various bootlegs out there. The files are pretty bad quality, only 64 kbp/s I think, but then again the sources for them were also pretty bad (20 year old bootleg vinyls) so the sound quality probably hasn't suffered as much as it might have otherwise. Some of the files have seen the light of day in better quality on antbox but most are still unavailable until that proposed demos boxset comes out (which looks unlikely). Finally, I think that a certain amount of tweaking and cleaning up was attempted on these demos by a fan at some point but I'm not sure

anyway here's the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6x1oh1crz3s

and the tracklist goes
1. LADY
2. YOUNG PARISIANS
3. PHYSICAL (YOU’RE SO)
4. FRIENDS
5. ZEROX version 1
6. IT DOESN’T MATTER
7. CLEOPATRA
8. B-SIDE BABY
9. WHIP IN MY VALISE
10. BATHROOM FUNCTION
11. NEVER TRUST A MAN (WITH EGG ON HIS FACE)
12. RUBBER PEOPLE
13. RED SCAB
14. CATHOLIC DAY
15. FALL IN
16. JUANITO THE BANDITO
17. ZEROX version 2
18. KICK!
19. DAY I MET GOD
20. BOIL IN THE BAG MAN
21. CHRISTIAN D’OR
22. SONG FOR RUTH ELLIS
23. FAMILY OF NOISE

further information on these and the ridiculous amount of unreleased recordings from back then can be found at http://www.antmusic.fsnet.co.uk/

Red Scab and Christian D'or are two of my favourite Ants tracks, b-sides of the Goody Two Shoes and Prince Charming 7"s if I'm not mistaken. Kings and Prince are two of my favourite albums ever, so original then and still original now, they don't date at all. I don't think many people who only knew the singles knew just how off the wall those albums were. Class. Prince was the first LP I ever owned and Kings was the second, still have both.

event-news.jpg

I wonder how he will sound. As long as it's better than when he did the spice girls

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ugh...

there's an article in today's guardian about the derek jarman film jubilee which "starred" adam ant.
it's kinda funny and tragic. so, not unlike adam.
you can, of course, get it on line.

if you're interested in the early stuff

Adam & The Antz - Live At The Marquee 1978

ADAM & THE ANTZ

Live At The Marquee 1978

1.Plastic Surgery.
2.Puerto-Rican.
3.Deutscher girls.
4.B-Side Baby.
5.Dirk wears white sox.
6.Fat fun.
7.It doesn't matter.
8.Lou (New York Coke Joke).
9.Fall out.
10.Hampstead.
11.Whip in my Valise.
12.Beat my guest.
13.Send a letter to Jordan.
14.Red scab.
15.Juanito the Bandito.
16.Fall out.

The Marquee Club, London 12th January 1978

MP3 256 Kbps

Good Sound Quality

File Size 80.1 MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/11966291..._1978.rar.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back