A Serious Question from LavajoNation (1 Viewer)

Ok, there's a guy who sits directly behind me in an open plan office.

He stinks to high heaven. And not just a little, A LOT. I can smell him from about ten feet away and he makes my eyes water. Everyone else comments about it too. He smells like..I dunno, can't even describe it. I constantly feel the need to spray a bit of perfum around me to counter-act his pong.

How do I inform him in a kind way about his stench? Or should I even bother being kind? His stink is really invading my space.

Leave a can of deodorant on his desk after he leaves work at night or before he gets there in the morning and a post-it beside it that reads "Use This, Stinkhole!"

send and email..drop hints.. come on people, if he's content to sit there in his own filthitude he either can't smell or doesn't give a shit. you wouldn't leave a post it on your childs high chair hoping she'll change her own nappy, would ya? pro activity! only way forward. "craig, you reek. sort it out"

Ok, there's a guy who sits directly behind me in an open plan office.

He stinks to high heaven. And not just a little, A LOT. I can smell him from about ten feet away and he makes my eyes water. Everyone else comments about it too. He smells like..I dunno, can't even describe it. I constantly feel the need to spray a bit of perfum around me to counter-act his pong.

How do I inform him in a kind way about his stench? Or should I even bother being kind? His stink is really invading my space.

If you work for a large company / multinational / the government then they probably have an Employee Assistance Officer whose job it is to handle stuff like this.

HR would probably handle it for me. Seriously though, this is like high school, the fact that he smells bad is SO juvenile. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not a colostomy bag. This stink is in a whole different category.

Stinky fuck.

it sounds like the guy has some sort of problem - it could be physical, it could be mental. either way, there's something serious up with him, and you should definitely report it to HR - it's their job to sort stuff like this out. In a way I feel sorry for him, there's something not quite right with him and he doesn't have a clue. That's sad.
Worse for ye though, who have to smell it.

so... I wonder how many people making smelly jokes at this guys expense are smokers and don't see the irony?

it sounds like the guy has some sort of problem - it could be physical, it could be mental. either way, there's something serious up with him, and you should definitely report it to HR - it's their job to sort stuff like this out. In a way I feel sorry for him, there's something not quite right with him and he doesn't have a clue. That's sad.
Worse for ye though, who have to smell it.

I dunno, if there was something actually physically wrong with him that made him smell like that, and he knew there might be something wrong with the way he smells, surely he would make sure to at least spray cologne once or twice a day, no?

I dunno, if there was something actually physically wrong with him that made him smell like that, and he knew there might be something wrong with the way he smells, surely he would make sure to at least spray cologne once or twice a day, no?

How people smell is a very good indication of how (un)healthy they are. That's why healthy people smell attractive. Their healthy genes will make good babies.

Is it a/ a stale sweat type smell
b/ a kind of high pitched smell
c/ a sweet sickly smell

a means poor heigene
b means very very poor heigene and general filth
c is a type of illness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back