A music industry case study (2 Viewers)

I'd trust albini's figures as being closer to the average in this kind of case ( ie - where the band actually gets the chance to sell records before being dropped ).

The Balance Sheet: This is how much each player got paid at the end of the game.

Record company: $ 710,000
Producer: $ 90,000
Manager: $ 51,000
Studio: $ 52,500
Previous label: $ 50,000
Agent: $ 7,500
Lawyer: $ 12,000
Band member net income each: $ 4,031.25

Originally posted by uncle_meat
Yeah. Look at cribs on MTV. Look how nelly lives, or thse folls from SUM 41. Life ain't fair.

The Jackass guys cribs was an usual bit of infotainment. Half them live like kings, half live in trucks, or basements or spend most of their time buying and destrying furniture.

you know, i really wouldn't give a fuck. it has to be better than busting a hump for the man for little or no dosh. plus you get free booze.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..again with the booze. hec rate you booze love 1 to 10?
don't diss booze bitch. how do you think anyone can bare to look at you?

sorry bud. i forgot the love. it happens. sometime i need to be remionded and when there's no one there, the faceless facade of the man and his temple bring me down on my way into 'work'.

i'm off to be interviewed for my dream job today. pin monkey down the bowlarama. ace.

here, though.

i saw how you looked after the last time you were in a bowling alley. i believe you were pleading for the merciful release of death, or similar.

*ahem*

yes. true.

you didn't perhap find my book what vince gave me on sat? some noodle brain took it off the bus and left it where i do not know. if this is to be my life i fear i may cry.

you didn't perhap find my book what vince gave me on sat?

the obituaries one? alas no. did you have it in the venue?

(yes folks, this is what the music industry does to you. drags you into bowling alleys and loses your birthday presents.)

Originally posted by minka
you didn't perhap find my book what vince gave me on sat?

the obituaries one? alas no. did you have it in the venue?

(yes folks, this is what the music industry does to you. drags you into bowling alleys and loses your birthday presents.)
mother of all the behans. i left it on teh back seat and it was *removed*. and i was last off so i checked that buss for clues and there were none. fuck you all.

how was the boozer, by the by. i was bitched out, me.

actually, i definitely remember the bus driver carrying my newspaper off the bus before the gig and putting it with our gear, but i didn't see your book with it.

[/useless]

Originally posted by minka
how was the boozer, by the by.

very amusing. we may never be let in there again.

Vinnie didn't harrass a cerain Mr. Casey again, did he?
When I has leaving a certain Mr. Casey was taking out his guitar and I saw the murderous glint that I love so much apear in VinVins eye

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back