MCD vs Boards.ie (1 Viewer)

Pilchard

best oxegen ever, i reckon!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054975678

Boards, MCD and legal action.
As of Friday, 11th August 2006, MCD Productions have entered into legal proceedings against boards.ie Ltd.

At this time we cannot make, or allow, comment on an ongoing legal action against Boards.ie. Please understand and accept that we cannot enter into public debate or discussion about it.

Please dont start new threads about the topic or they will be closed and deleted. We will keep you as informed as our lawyers instruct us is safe to do. Trust us, we've never let you down to date and you know us long enough to know we wont start now. I wish I could say more (you know I do!) but I cant.

Let's go over to boards and start some new threads about the topic.

that would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

all joking aside, things have just gotten very serious. this is way bigger than boards.ie

oh I can't wait to get banned again from boards.ie

I hope they all die in some unprecedented explosion of wigs and fire.

that would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

all joking aside, things have just gotten very serious. this is way bigger than boards.ie
Very true. Any action taken against boards can be taken against thumped, and considering some of the things said here, it could be much much worse.

Because people posted on boards about their experiences at Oxygen this year, which MCD see as slander/libel/defamation of brand, whatever, so they're suing them.

Because people posted on boards about their experiences at Oxygen this year, which MCD see as slander/libel/defamation of brand, whatever, so they're suing them.

surely their defence is that these were their personal experiences and are proveable - burning tents with live humans inside etc.

pretty ubsurd to sue for that. boycott anyone?

MCD are a bunch of pricks. how can you sue for libel when people were merely discussing the shit that actually in real-life went down?

'sake.

They are suing because the comments included remarks about the standard and number of security. It was alleged that there were neither sufficient numbers of guards and that they were either corrupt and/or incompetent. MCD believe that these allegation constitute slander. From a business point of view the law suits make sense. From an ethical point of view they are nothing short of embarassing.

found a funny story in this book about two dublin laywers who sued the sunday world becuse it wrote a story about them fighting over a chocolate eclair. the lawyers won.

??????//

make a point la la, make a point.

yes my point.

these days people can sue for almost anything. as long a something appears in the public domain in print, whether it be on paper or on the internerd, if it sways the "right thinking public" into believeing certain things, you can slap a defamatory suit on it and [in some cases] laugh all the way to the bank.

the law is so nerdy.

found a funny story in this book about two dublin laywers who sued the sunday world becuse it wrote a story about them fighting over a chocolate eclair. the lawyers won.

??????//

make a point la la, make a point.

yes my point.

these days people can sue for almost anything. as long a something appears in the public domain in print, whether it be on paper or on the internerd, if it sways the "right thinking public" into believeing certain things, you can slap a defamatory suit on it and [in some cases] laugh all the way to the bank.

the law is so nerdy.

seems MCD are pretty sensitive. they might well sue you for calling them a bunch of pricks. can't really sue me for hoping they all die, but if they do all die I may be in a spot of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back