Major Pleasures (1 Viewer)

My teething with the induction moved on a fair bit this weekend. what i've mostly learned is that beyond initial heating, it does *a lot* at 1 (out of 10).
also i will never get over making coffee using the timer on it while i'm having a shower. it's magnificent.

Spent the day cleaning out the father in laws shed.
Have a literal bag of spanner’s and other tools and a happy mother in law who can now get into the shed.
Also have claimed a pile of useable old wood - the pitch/baltic pine boards from a Victorian bench, and loads of mahogany boards and a panels from a old record player (which is sadly beyond repair/salvage in its original form) which I’ll be picking up next time I’m out.
I also found a telegraph signaller probably robbed from the raf by my FIL in the 60s (I’ll post a picture to the ‘interesting rat’ thread).
And as I forgot my phone, I’ve been offline all afternoon.

Spent the day cleaning out the father in laws shed.
Have a literal bag of spanner’s and other tools and a happy mother in law who can now get into the shed.
Also have claimed a pile of useable old wood - the pitch/baltic pine boards from a Victorian bench, and loads of mahogany boards and a panels from a old record player (which is sadly beyond repair/salvage in its original form) which I’ll be picking up next time I’m out.
I also found a telegraph signaller probably robbed from the raf by my FIL in the 60s (I’ll post a picture to the ‘interesting rat’ thread).
And as I forgot my phone, I’ve been offline all afternoon.
My FIL is doing the same. He has loads of kitchen worktop going.

We have three (enough) cast iron pans.
A big pressure cooker would be class. Need some adaptor things for wok and croc pot

Your wok is aluminium? I'd be sceptical about the effectiveness of one of those steel plates you can get to allow you to use aluminium pots on an induction hob. Given that standard electric hobs often work by getting literally red hot, I'd say it'd be very inefficient to use an intermediate plate which you certainly wouldn't want getting that hot. Probably easier to just buy a new wok.

We have three (enough) cast iron pans.
A big pressure cooker would be class. Need some adaptor things for wok and croc pot
Those all sound cool.
But honestly, I think if you are considering a pressure cooker, you should look seriously at an Instant Pot
They are life-changing (to the extent that a kitchen appliance can be)

This the thing that does like 16 things?
It does pressure cooking really well, but it can alse be a slow-cooker and a veggie steamer and a sous-vide and so on.
They are super easy and I love the timer feature.

I mean horses for courses and all that - you're you and I'm me, but if you like cooking this is a great weapon your arsenal

It does pressure cooking really well, but it can alse be a slow-cooker and a veggie steamer and a sous-vide and so on.
They are super easy and I love the timer feature.

I mean horses for courses and all that - you're you and I'm me, but if you like cooking this is a great weapon your arsenal

The Instant Pot is great. We use it nearly every day, way more often than the cooker.

I left mine unopened in my ex’s place when I moved out. I think about it more often than is healthy.
I want to try beef ribs in it, they’re supposed to be delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back