Record Player Repair (1 Viewer)

tigerclawskank

Dunno if this is the best palce to ask but anyone know if there's anywhere in Dublin that repairs turntables. I've got my Dad's old one which is a serious piece of kit (Garrard) but doesn't work properly. Last I heard there wasn't.

If it's an electronics problem, NJM in Harolds Cross might be able to help you.
[SIZE=-1]ph:01 4963160. Or at least give you some advice as to were to send it.

[/SIZE]

Dunno if this is the best palce to ask but anyone know if there's anywhere in Dublin that repairs turntables. I've got my Dad's old one which is a serious piece of kit (Garrard) but doesn't work properly. Last I heard there wasn't.
Very nice. What model is it?
You could try posting a plea for help on vinylengine.com

401 - SME tonearm and Shure cart.
The 301 and 401 models have become highly regarded and sought-after in the last few years. The 401s fetch up to €450 on ebay, depending on the condition.

It's worth sending it to a repair shop you can trust - I'm afraid I don't know of anywhere in Dublin, but do post on vinylengine - there are some knowledgeable folk there who could help. You could try calling an audiophile store like Cloneys, they might have some experience in referring customers on for repairs.

A sub-forum on audio-equipment discussion would be great.

The 301 and 401 models have become highly regarded and sought-after in the last few years. The 401s fetch up to €450 on ebay, depending on the condition.

It's worth sending it to a repair shop you can trust - I'm afraid I don't know of anywhere in Dublin, but do post on vinylengine - there are some knowledgeable folk there who could help. You could try calling an audiophile store like Cloneys, they might have some experience in referring customers on for repairs.

A sub-forum on audio-equipment discussion would be great.

No response from an email to Cloney anway. I looked into I a while back and i think I'm on my own here. I've been downloading manuals from vinylengine and getting advice from a guy I know in Devon.

Anyone know of a place in or around Dublin that does this (maybe they've opened since 2007)

Thanks. Mine is a vintage BSR...so they might not...I'll mail them anyway and check

I think there is a place near Blanchardstown too. I don't have the details to hand but will check later

Hey so does anybody have any recommendations for getting a player repaired? Was that place in Blanch any use?

I have an automatic player that comes as part of a decent enough piece by piece hi fi system. The pitch just seems to get slower and slower and slower when I play records. Other times it plays fine without any issues and the belt seems to be fine so I'm guessing it's a electronics issue.

Still haven't gotten mine fixed. Failed to arrange a pick up the last time. Finally got back onto them again over the past two weeks and again failed to arrange a pick up and now it'll be the New Year before it gets looked at. They're pretty sound about it in fairness to them but might just lob it into Sounds Around or something at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back