Neil Young (2 Viewers)

What's your favourite 'recent' Neil Young album

• Total voters
nlgbbbblth said:
The release of Freedom in 1989 marked a 'return to form' for Neil, or so the critics said.

False dawn or the start of a good run of late period albums?

Pick your favourite Neil record of the recent past.

I'll have to go for Ragged Glory, followed closely, like a fox in heat, by Sleeps With Angels

Gotta go with Dead Man.

Didn't put Arc in - anyone like it?

39.JPG

can only listen to it once a year or so

its gotta be ragged glory niggles, all time however is "tonights the night".

I'm voting Dead Man S/T to sort of be obnoxious and obtuse

but also sorta cause I do really really like it

Sleeps With Angels is a goodie too, Change Your Mind is a total classic as good as anything The Horse did back in their heyday

Harvest moon was a major let down. the title track kicked ass but the rest had too much of that daniel lanois style production. You know the type that sounds like one of those panpipe albums wher they cover mule of kintyre. Greendale has some nice choruses so gets my vote

ramps said:
its gotta be ragged glory niggles, all time however is "tonights the night".

ragged glory for sure, out of this bunch...but i dunno about Tonight's the Night for all time...it'd be neck-and-neck with On The Beach for me.

Even though he's been seriously hit and miss from 89 onwards I love most of them, but especially "Sleeps With Angels", "Ragged Glory" and the last album I ever stole from a shop "Mirror Ball". Can I vote for all three?

Just read the Neil Young special then nlgbbbblth? I turned straight to the 90's pages first, kinda like the Nick Mason book which I started at "The Final Cut" period onwards.

The Book is 'INSIDE OUT: A Personal History of Pink Floyd' by Nick Mason

I'd highly recommend it, really and truly. Even though it's written in a light-hearted manner, as one would expect from Mason's media, er, profile, it's a rivetting read none-the-less full of dry humour, honorable language (for a drummer) and terrific tales told with pure honesty. And I never thought I'd ever say this about a book, but the captions are great! Definitely worth picking up even if you've only a passing interest in the Floyd.

Alan Latchley said:
The Book is 'INSIDE OUT: A Personal History of Pink Floyd' by Nick Mason

I'd highly recommend it, really and truly. Even though it's written in a light-hearted manner, as one would expect from Mason's media, er, profile, it's a rivetting read none-the-less full of dry humour, honorable language (for a drummer) and terrific tales told with pure honesty. And I never thought I'd ever say this about a book, but the captions are great! Definitely worth picking up even if you've only a passing interest in the Floyd.

cant wait to get it, though hes writing a chapter about live8 for the next edition so think i'll wait for that...

here, you have to be a subscriber to start a poll, do you? i think one of yiz should start a pf album poll and cash in on the current floyd mania and then we (i) can leave these neil young fans alone.

Miss Piggy said:
cant wait to get it, though hes writing a chapter about live8 for the next edition so think i'll wait for that...

here, you have to be a subscriber to start a poll, do you? i think one of yiz should start a pf album poll and cash in on the current floyd mania and then we (i) can leave these neil young fans alone.

polls only allow 10 options
We'd have to exercise editing like the Shine On box did

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back