2014 releases worth a listen.. (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't stop listening to this record by The Drink. London trio but the singer is called Dearbhla so I'm guessing she's Irish.

Rough Trade sez:
THE DRINK
COMPANY
Few bands cause Rough Trade to toss their rulebook out the window, but upon hearing the arresting sound of two handmade EPs by London trio The Drink, we did just that. Newly signed to Melodic, The Drink now intoxicate further with the arrival of 'Company'; their gloriously inventive debut album. Collecting together those now-unavailable EPs, 'Company' has an inimitable, wayward sound drawn from the chaos of real life. In the way bands such as Deerhoof are revered for their unusual sonic approach, The Drink celebrate beauty in oddness through their use of bold syncopated rhythms, strange time signatures and complex structures, via a love of artists from Joanna Newsom to The Breeders and Captain Beefheart. While many lose their sense of melodic direction labouring to create an intriguing experimental sound, on 'Company' it never wanes through the band's boundless energy, reverberating basslines and unforgettably spontaneous fusion of American and English indie rock with Irish folk leanings. For fans of Life Without Buildings and Throwing Muses.
CD jewel case includes fold out poster booklet.
LP is 180 gram black vinyl and comes with album CD included. LP Inner sleeve contains album lyrics.

My Cat Is An Alien & Cédric Stevens 3xlp

Some tapes by omnimemento news »

I tried a couple of those quietus list albums this evening. The Gazelle Twin one is shit, In A Dream by The Juan Maclean is really good
You'd have to take their list with a massive barrel of salt. Last year their mates Grumbling Fur were no.1, which was a half-baked album of half written songs that no one else really rated. They then co-released Grumbling Fur's next album, which comes in this year at no.6. Ho-hum.

They gave our album 50th or 60th place last year so they must be legit.

I don;t have an album of the year yet but the Anthroproph album is great and their live show at Liverpool Psych was one of my highlights.

I can't stop listening to this record by The Drink. London trio but the singer is called Dearbhla so I'm guessing she's Irish.

Rough Trade sez:

Am listening now. I like the vocals but the music is a bit math-rock in places for my tastes though.
I really like that new Trash Kit album
will give that a shot next

MORE UPDATES ON MY LISTENING TO FOLLOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back