Temple Bar listed among world’s 10 most disappointing locations (1 Viewer)

And this was it on paddy's day

St Patrick's Day celebrations in full flow in Dublin's Temple Bar - Independent.ie

every fucker is going to want to go there next year now
temple+bar.JPG

Well, exactly why it's a good thing.

Won't you feel like the smart fella sitting in Ryan's on Parkgate St or Walsh's in the 'Batter with a barstool to yourself and the barman within nodding distance?

I used to park the car in the car park in temple bar if I was going to a gig in TBMC or the Olympia until one time there was practically a queue of junkies at the payment machine scabbing $$$. Never went back there after..

I went to the pay desk one night holding a guitar case. He asked if i was playing a gig, I said yes and got a nice discount on the parking fee. Something to do with arts and culture.

Non guitarists could approach holding a harmonica or improvise with a comb and paper

I went to the pay desk one night holding a guitar case. He asked if i was playing a gig, I said yes and got a nice discount on the parking fee. Something to do with arts and culture.

Non guitarists could approach holding a harmonica or improvise with a comb and paper

Or just have greasy hair, bad attitude and have a woman way out of your league hanging out of you.

"Have you played a gig?"

There is likely no other explanation.

Last edited:
99% of my Temple Bar occupancy = using Eustace Street to go to IFI/Chocolate Factory/Meeting House Sq or as a conduit between Dame Street and the Millennium bridge.

"The 999 year lease for the residential aspect of this building was bought in 1998 by Dublin City Council, who since then have allowed it to fall into a major state of disrepair. As THE ONLY original indigenous community of this area that the DCC has christened Dublin's Cultural Quarter, it seems crazy that the DCC allow its tenants to live in such squalor and danger. What could be the motive for not maintaining this beautiful building??"

what indeed

And probably Galway city. A great place to drink when you're in college. Can't imagine wanting to go there after you're 30.

Galway is a great place to go after you are 30. Like dublin, you can guage any street by street performers. If there is some prick about to breathe fire for cash or you can hear more than one busker at once, you are in the wrong part of town.

go there at about 1am when you're sober and then see if you still think its a good buzz. Nowhere thats full of drunken fucks is a good buzz anymore. Too much hostility amongst the young folk.

Try getting your car out of there around that time as you crawl through that laneway onto Georges Street at 2 miles per hour hoping you don't drive over some prick's foot.

i've been to las vegas three times and walt disney world twice. if you don't enjoy either of these places you're doing it very, very wrong.

fuck that list

edit: temple bar excepted, obviously

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back