Temple Bar listed among world’s 10 most disappointing locations (1 Viewer)

My mate visits Vienna once a year. Loves it.

Dame Lane/Court is far more like what Temple Bar is meant to be like. A warm summer's evening and a crowd and good buzz, often there's live music in the street. People at the various pubs mingle.

I thought Vienna was great, although I've been three times and never went to Falco's grave

I don't think I expected it to be so big and for 99% of it to just look like Dublin. The really nice historical area is great but it's such a small section of the city. I went to Bratislava a few days later and much preferred that.

I was also a bit thrown by the lack of bi-lingual signs and the fact that everyone assumes you know German as well. Although I do understand that that was my own stupid privileged fault so can't hold that against them.

I used to park the car in the car park in temple bar if I was going to a gig in TBMC or the Olympia until one time there was practically a queue of junkies at the payment machine scabbing $$$. Never went back there after..

My mate visits Vienna once a year. Loves it.

Dame Lane/Court is far more like what Temple Bar is meant to be like. A warm summer's evening and a crowd and good buzz, often there's live music in the street. People at the various pubs mingle.

Bang on.

Also, not full of tans.

go there at about 1am when you're sober and then see if you still think its a good buzz. Nowhere thats full of drunken fucks is a good buzz anymore. Too much hostility amongst the young folk.

I don't think I expected it to be so big and for 99% of it to just look like Dublin. The really nice historical area is great but it's such a small section of the city. I went to Bratislava a few days later and much preferred that.

I was a bit thrown by the lack of bi-lingual signs and everyone assumes you know German as well. Although I do understand that that was my own stupid privileged fault so can't hold that against them.
I didn't venture out of the centre much but when I did I didn't see any Dubliny bits. It was all nicer I thought.

I've been there a couple of times when it was like Hamsterdam but considering how many people go there it is surprisingly free of hassle, even late on. Then most people don't give enormous people grief if they're wise, regardless of their state of intoxication.

I didn't venture out of the centre much but when I did I didn't see any Dubliny bits. It was all nicer I thought.
Wherever my hostel was I felt like I was walking around Cabra. Also Some of the nice old parks around the Palace are ruined by graffiti. As a city it feels like there's a real rich/poor divide (it may just be that it was built with one) and it made me feel uneasy.

If I go again I'll definitely stay in the centre and just walk around acting like royalty.

Last edited:
I was probably soured off there because of a couple of evenings I was down that way during christmas jumper season. Which, to be fair, isn't probably its best side

Is that when they have the stage and the bands there?

The brother played that. Had to dodge a few bottles at times.

Is that when they have the stage and the bands there?

The brother played that. Had to dodge a few bottles at times.
possibly. There was a DJ playing outdoors when I was there and the christmas market was in the street from Dame lane to Exechequer street. It seemed to be a grand buzz but spend a little while there and the wankers start to make themselves known.

possibly. There was a DJ playing outdoors when I was there and the christmas market was in the street from Dame lane to Exechequer street. It seemed to be a grand buzz but spend a little while there and the wankers start to make themselves known.

Morons thinking they're funny is possibly the worst side-effect of alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back