zine/distro/info stalls day (1 Viewer)

jimbobjones

Website
www.loserdomzine.com
a friend of mine and myself had the idea* to organise a zines/distos/info stalls fair kinda-day at the dublin food co-op (where i work). its gonna be on sun 7 dec. all distros and zines are welcome to do a stall -the more the merrier. there'll probably be a smal charge for stalls selling stuff and maybe a €1/2 entrance for punters towards costs/hall hire.
would anyone interested in doing a stall get in touch, also anyone who wants to help make it happen or have any ideas. its still at planning stage so all ideas welcome.
i wanna have some info stalls from campaigns like Shell To Sea, Choice Ireland, animal rights etc. etc. might need help contacting them
cheers

*partly inspired by cesspool's plan sometime back for similar event

That time the warehouse had a load of distros etc was awesome,kinda differeent atmosphere than at gigs. And the record swap in seomra sproi that time was good too. Maybe this can be similar.
Hopefully it works out good,hopefully I can make it.

That time the warehouse had a load of distros etc was awesome,kinda differeent atmosphere than at gigs. And the record swap in seomra sproi that time was good too. Maybe this can be similar.
Hopefully it works out good,hopefully I can make it.

if it worked like those days it'd be deadly. its kinda dependent on who can make it to do a stall really.
oh yeh it'd be grand to have people playing music there if it dosent need amplification

can i do a stall!? More info stalls the better - sounds good.I'll try and bring some food for the none-veggies.I do a wicked Irish Stew.
i'll stay clothed too.

ok this is coming together.
see flyer:
flyergrab.jpg

so far still getting confirmations on stalls, distros etc. so all good.
'gonna be a showing of Dylan's film "Roll Up Your Sleeves: The D.I.Y. Counterculture".
and workshops on D.I.Y. stuff like putting on gigs, releasing gigs, publishing magazine etc. more info when its confirmed.
ive put a very basic webpage up here: www.loserdomzine.com/independentsdaypage.htm

2 weeks to go! if anyone wants to print up posters/ flyers to give to their mates you can print them from here: http://www.loserdomzine.com/images/independentsdaypage/flyers_and_poster.pdf

also anyone who wants to help out on the day can they pm me. the type of thing would be shifts at the check-in desk, maybe manning a stall for a brief time (eg: the communal zine stall!), tidying up at the end etc.

workshop and film screeninngs info (times tbc):

Workshops:
History of Zines by Willie
Willie presents a history of zines. Willie for many years produced his own zine Non-Plastique (an early influence on Loserdom zine!). He also ran his own zine distro Ultra Red Star, before setting up with wife Natalia Red Ink radical books and zine shop (between 2004-2006), they now run their own publishing/record label Stitchy Press. He's one of the few Irish zinesters who can claim to have taken part in a zine speaking tour of the USA with a van-load of other zinesters. He also plays/played in numerous Irish Do-It-Yourself punk bands Bambi, Boneyard Witch and Oak.

Feminism and Publishing by The RAG
The RAG (Radical Anarcha-feminist Group) is a Dublin-based collective who publish their own zine dealing with womens issues and discussions of feminism in the modern context. Here members of the collective discuss notable feminist press, experiences of publishing The Rag, why print-form rather other media/projects and more.
Their third issue is due out the week before Independent's Day so look forward to getting a copy as well as attending this talk!

Community Television as Autonomous media: Hacking the Cable or Co-opting Video Activism by Dublin Community Television
DCTV is a non-profit co-operative that operates a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week ad-free television station broadcasting to more than ¼ million Irish households.
This workshop will look at the first year of DCTV, the structures that have evolved and strategies used to create an 'autonomous media space' and the key issues the station faces: technical barriers to production, professionalism vs. Volunteerism, localism and informal hierarchies amongst others.
While some of those who work with DCTV will identify with a zine / activist culture , is this relevant in an organisation with paid staff and a budget of 100s of thousands of euro.
Presented by DCTV members.

Film screenings:
Roll Up Your Sleeves: The DIY Counterculture
A documentary about D.I.Y. music and culture by local film-maker Dylan Haskins.

Channel Zero (episode 2)
Public-access tv show about DIY, punk, anarchism and culture by Maximum Rock n'Roll columnist Erika Ransom. Episode 2 features an interview with Maximum Rock n'Roll zine co-ordinator Golnar Nikpour, and footage of bands.

lads. can't go to municipal waste gig. anyone want records from me please come on sunday. i'm there from 12 o'clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back