YouTube full-screen playback suddenly slow-mo and choppy (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Oh hai Thumped.
Today for no apparent reason my YouTube playback on fullscreen has suddenly gone all slowmo, time-distorted, and choppy too.

This despite the fact that a few days ago I installed an extra gig of RAM and a new graphics card, and youtube had been flying along, lovely hi-res, full framerate awesomeness, better than ever before.

THat was 3 days ago. But today, and for no reason: banjoed.

Any idea, you sexy basted/basterdesses?

(oh yeah, and I've tried the whole unselecting "Enable Hardware Acceleration" thing in the settings)

I would have thought driver too, but like I said, before this I had three days of better than ever before YouTube HD loveliness.

Before I installed the new hardware I could only (just about) do 480p, but with the new hardware I was easily getting 720, and often 1080 if there wasn't a whole lot of movement in the picture. At least I was for 3 days, but now, kaput!

Try a different browser & see if it helps as IE, Firefox & chrome have individual flash installs. Actually, never mind that - just download the flash uninstaller from Adobe to completely clean it, out then reinstall the latest version.

Installed latest drivers - no difference.
Used Opera instead?: Difference!

Now do un-install Flash and re-install....

Uninstalled flash with a flash uninstaller - but couldn't seem to eradicate it from chrome - not sure that's even possible. Reinstalled and it's still the same.
Works fine in Opera. Need more investigation.

flash is baked into Chrome - what version / channel are you on?

Yeah I knew that, but was hoping that the uninstaller that you had recommended would do something fancy and strip it out.

Just now I went to google.com/chrome and reinstalled the browser to make sure I was up to date. No difference though. I might uninstall and re-install my graphics card to see if that helps - although, like I said, it works fine with Opera (and for that matter with all manner of 3d games)

Yeah I knew that, but was hoping that the uninstaller that you had recommended would do something fancy and strip it out.

Just now I went to google.com/chrome and reinstalled the browser to make sure I was up to date. No difference though. I might uninstall and re-install my graphics card to see if that helps - although, like I said, it works fine with Opera (and for that matter with all manner of 3d games)

try the beta channel?

https://www.google.com/landing/chrome/beta/

or try this

open chrome

browse to chrome://plugins/

click the + in the top right

look for multiple Flash plugins

disable all but the internal one, or try the internal and not the external one(s), until your problem goes away

or try this

open chrome

browse to chrome://plugins/

click the + in the top right

look for multiple Flash plugins

disable all but the internal one, or try the internal and not the external one(s), until your problem goes away

Ah gowan yeh dancer!!

Yeah that worked. Just enabled / disabled these til I got one that worked best.

Cheers Pete.
6yux6.jpg

happy days so

just bear in mind that if you've disabled the internal one you'll have to keep the external one updated, but adobe take care of that pretty much automatically now (if you let them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back