YourNewFriend 7" release! (1 Viewer)

xConorx

Website
www.hardcore-times.com
Front Page 29th December - Doors 8pm

Your New Friend (cocky shite, EMO by numbers... ) 7" release, schweet
The Killing Spree (you wouldn't understand)
From Where I Stand (the band Freddy Madball lifts weights to)
Rodan ("monumental" - NME)
Vorderman (Pop-punk straight from the clap clinic! )

1 more to be confirmed (we hope)

Door £4 plus you get a free 7" of the Your New Friend - Smoke 'n' Thunder record

That's a double Bodener! Wow, I was gonna put this record out 3 years ago, it was gonna be the second release on Simian Records, followed by a Puget Sound 7" and then the Nerdlinger/Sir Killalot split 10". Then YNF decided that they weren't going to cos they didn't know if the band would last, Puget decided they wanted to do a CD album and I only wanted to do vinyl, and Nerdlinger got boring. Now all I do is smoke hash and cry.

Anyway, has anyone heard Tagdh & Faoilain's old band, fuck it, can't remember the name now...something real hardcore sounding...I'm sure Gary'll remember? Anyway, they were fuckin amazing, unbelievable, they only did a demo andno gigs I think.

Is the 7" the 5 songs off the demo from a fewyears ago or new stuff? Fuckin' wish I could get up there for that gig...

Corm said:
That's a double Bodener! Wow, I was gonna put this record out 3 years ago, it was gonna be the second release on Simian Records, followed by a Puget Sound 7" and then the Nerdlinger/Sir Killalot split 10". Then YNF decided that they weren't going to cos they didn't know if the band would last, Puget decided they wanted to do a CD album and I only wanted to do vinyl, and Nerdlinger got boring. Now all I do is smoke hash and cry.

Anyway, has anyone heard Tagdh & Faoilain's old band, fuck it, can't remember the name now...something real hardcore sounding...I'm sure Gary'll remember? Anyway, they were fuckin amazing, unbelievable, they only did a demo andno gigs I think.

Is the 7" the 5 songs off the demo from a fewyears ago or new stuff? Fuckin' wish I could get up there for that gig...
That'll be DISADAIN!YEah, they were fucking excellent..I must try and pull out my tape of them before I get the train back to Dublin Tonight..Shed, here I come...

needtokill said:
That'll be DISADAIN!YEah, they were fucking excellent..I must try and pull out my tape of them before I get the train back to Dublin Tonight..Shed, here I come...

never bothered to sign up to this after culchikore folded
Disdain were awesome.... Corm it's just 4 songs off the CDR that was recorded ages ago.... they are lazy but are starting to gig a good bit more than usual..... depending on cash, I liked to do a CD of the new stuff later on next year..... ..

Does anyone have a spare copy of the Blackbelt Jones 7inch?? the last song is aparantly a old YNF song.... if anone has a copy I'll do a trade for the YNF copy.....

Jamie, think you could take 5/10 for the shop???, trade for the split with Limpwrsit/Knifed or something... let me know.. I''ll send em down with a belfast band to save on postage or post em to you.....

Mr Youth my email address is [email protected] or [email protected]

i will stick up ordering info for the record in a few days.... Phil

xiknowitsoverx said:
Disdain were awesome.... Corm it's just 4 songs off the CDR that was recorded ages ago.... they are lazy but are starting to gig a good bit more than usual..... depending on cash, I liked to do a CD of the new stuff later on next year..... ..

Does anyone have a spare copy of the Blackbelt Jones 7inch?? the last song is aparantly a old YNF song.... if anone has a copy I'll do a trade for the YNF copy.....

Jamie, think you could take 5/10 for the shop???, trade for the split with Limpwrsit/Knifed or something... let me know.. I''ll send em down with a belfast band to save on postage or post em to you.....

I think I might be able to help with the BlackBelt 7"...I my have a spare copy somewhere!
I'll check out the trade situation for you phil,it's up to Merro really..they're his records.
You putting anything else out?

Incidentally..CROSSEDOUT/RORSCHSC/BORNAGAINST/CHOKEHOLD vid is coming to Dublin with me Finally..so Eventually you'll get it..You got a video list you could mail me?I'm at [email protected]

That Blackbelt Jones 7" is amazing. It's up there with the Puget 7", the Sir K 7" and the Jackbeast split.

The last song is alright but the third one is the best, the second one's deadly too. I think you can get an MP3 off Thumped.com. The 7" is still around in record shops I think...worth it alone for the pictures of Tagdh before the coiffure and Ritchie Egan bfore the international megastardom.

needtokill said:
ncidentally..CROSSEDOUT/RORSCHSC/BORNAGAINST/CHOKEHOLD vid is coming to Dublin with me Finally..so Eventually you'll get it..You got a video list you could mail me?I'm at [email protected]
Here boss, any chance of a watch of that sometime in the first weeks of January...? We can do it the same time as that Neurosis videoage pencilled in a while back, I'm after gettin another deadly Neurosis video of an amazing gig from around '98 I think, it's loads of stuff from Through Silver In Blood and CRRRUSHING!!!

Corm said:
Here boss, any chance of a watch of that sometime in the first weeks of January...? We can do it the same time as that Neurosis videoage pencilled in a while back, I'm after gettin another deadly Neurosis video of an amazing gig from around '98 I think, it's loads of stuff from Through Silver In Blood and CRRRUSHING!!!
Only if you have a video that plays US system vids, alas mine doesn't.But you find one of those for us to watch it on and you most certainly can.The Rorscahc and BA stuff is awesome, the Chokehold stuff is okay,but the CO stuff is really bad quality

Corm said:
That Blackbelt Jones 7" is amazing. It's up there with the Puget 7", the Sir K 7" and the Jackbeast split.

The last song is alright but the third one is the best, the second one's deadly too. I think you can get an MP3 off Thumped.com. The 7" is still around in record shops I think...worth it alone for the pictures of Tagdh before the coiffure and Ritchie Egan bfore the international megastardom.
I actually spent this morning listening to the BLACK BELT demo..it's aged particularly well..

the neurosis dvd is where it's at, until about 2 months ago i've been overlooking the genius of neurosis too much, now the dvd burns my eyes its so good. Got a funky live recording in new york form 94' sound is great, the vocals are mad deep, if ya wnat a tape corm?

xiknowitsoverx said:

Raaaa Vinyl urrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fuckin yeah Ed, is that DVD good? I'll be straight round when I'm back in the big city to do a load of bongs and shit and watch it. Yeah, I certainly do want a copy of that, do you have a tracklist for it?

Just after gettin an original pressing of Pain of Mind LP and the first 7" -aw yeeah! I don't usually give a shite about all that collector crap but its different when it comes to Neurosis...

sadly corm its NTSC and my dvd player only plays european, so i had to watch it on my sisters, although will have access to a dvd player ina few weeks, then we can watch it.

Yeah i have a tracklisting for the bootleg i'll record it for ya

If I was Phil I would say this

Actually I think you'll find that the correct terminology is Region 1 for the DVD while your player plays Region 2 DVDs. Its kind of like the difference between analog and stereo auditory senses.

But then I'm not Phil.

spuded said:
eitherway the bastid thing dont work, gurrr, but it'll be all good soon.
you can hack most of them thru the remote control. look for the hack for your dvd player on google. its kinda like the old SNES/megadrive cheats where you hit a certain combo of buttons when it turns on and you get the secret menu. piece of cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back