WTO 2005 (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
It's this december in Hong Kong as i'm sure you're aware. It's pretty far away, but if you start cycling now, you should be here in time for all the action. (It takes about ten months to cycle here.) The cops have been doing demo's with their new riot gear already in anticipation of it. hard to gauge how many will turn up for it.

Cool, as a rugged westerner I'll completely dwarf everyone there.. won't I?
(godzilla was only 7foot)

You get the couch lala.

Dont think they'd need us for the pressure.
They seem to know how to get the shit done..
narita.jpeg

lots of people arrested on mayday don't want any support, they've been told pleading guilty and staying away from subversives is their best course of action by their lawyers.

True story, apparently.

gill x ? me? nope, just making an indymedia readers in joke there im afraid, the mystery will have to continue for another while.

id well believe that weeler, i can understand layers telling peopel to keep it low, same thing really as soem people not wanting people turning up to give moral support in court cases in case the appearance of a mob of "weird" lookign people convinced the jury or judge that this is some kind of mad lad or lass..

actually i think weeler has a point; given that the majority of people here are smaller than the average gweilo.....so surely that includes the cops too.

the papers are already hard at it, prophecising 'influxes of foreign anarchists' and 'violent clashes'

too early to tell if itll be a HK version of the battle of seattle but hopefully enough people will be over for it to make something of an impact.

also, for the black bloc(er) on tour, HK has many exciting attractions, such as a jaunt on the star ferry over waters glistening with petrol, or a visit to a bird market where your chances of contracting avian flu rise as dramatically as the skyline itself.

approx 8000 South Korean farmers are converging here for it...but here's hoping there'll be no more stabbing themselves to death.

so........anyone else comin over? .|..|

yeah thats the thing about HK...it's fah fah away....

ah well, the south korean contingent should up the ante no doubt .|..|

bought a lovely helmet today in LIDL real riot-cop aesthetic to it.

weeler said:
bought a lovely helmet today in LIDL real riot-cop aesthetic to it.
happy mayday to you!
really frustrated that i wont be there...hope it goes well and that you all take heaps of pics.

is it a pink helmet? :p

La La said:
is that video footage of the korean farmer stabbing himself to death in front of the police in cancun? (or was it doha...cant remember)
i dont have the facilities to watch it on this compuker.
like i said earlier, lets hope they wont be stabbing themselves at this event.

It was cancun. It's a protest in seoul the day before mayday in I think '97.

korea.lg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back