Workshop: DIY Guitar Building with Emilian Lalev (1 Viewer)

Hello Operator

30 hour workshop over 2 weeks, first session starts 4th july, second session starts mid july.

Build your very own acoustic guitar with instrument-maker Emilian Lalev (Aurellia Guitars)
This course starts off with a theoretical introduction to the principles of stringed acoustic instruments, properties of different wood materials and their role in construction and sound of an instrument. Then, plotting the steps for building your guitar, drawing plans and getting down to realizing them in practice.
During the process, Emilian will teach specific techniques of instrument building – for example, how to bend the sides of a guitar with heat, how to calculate fret positions for a well-tuned instrument, intarsia and mother of pearl inlays, veneer lamination, and applying French polish.
Each participant will build a unique ready-to-play instrument over the course of the 2 weeks. The course has been a very rewarding experience for each of the former participants.
The duration of the course is 30 hours. No previous woodworking experience needed.
For bookings and futher enquiries, please contact Emilian at [email protected]

The workshop is held at Hello Operator, a new arts space in Dublin City Centre.

i would LOVE to do this course. i'd be surpised if i could afford it though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back