'Working' on a Friday. (1 Viewer)

wageslave

sleep_desk.jpg

So, another Friday thread from me. What strategies to people adopt to avoid doing any work on a Friday when they're in the office? Theres no point actually trying to do nothing at all - its obvious and if you're hungover you're often a bit restless but I find that even if I try to be productive I often end up doing the following:

- Spending the whole day doing one task that should take about an hour. I do a bit, get up and walk around a bit, do a bit, go back online and repeat throughout the day.

- Posting on internet forums. People see you typing - you look busy, sometimes you actually feel like you're achieving something too. (I don't know what but hey...)

- Getting people to go out for lunch. Ring restaurants, downloading menus, walking around the office seeing what people are doing. Its all good.

- Flicking through magazines, I can get away with this a good bit cos of the nature of my job...

- Leaving something extra handy untill the end of the day. By Friday evening my brain is usually in meltdown - its a good time to clean my desk or do some filing.

So, what does everyone else do?

I usually spend Friday doing whatever it is that I've been putting off all week because I just can't face it. It gets done on Friday because I know that the thought of it still waiting to be done on Monday morning will ruin my weekend.

Now if I had just done it this Monday when I should have I could be enjoying a lazy Friday.

firdays are my busiest days. all the boggers up for the gaa need their holes.

I'm hungover and keeping busy. Going to get a big lunch in a bit then sit on travelfish for a few hours planning out me holidays. Ever so often to make myself look busy, i do a 20 minute lap from my desk to the warehouse, up the back stairs into customer service and back. Makes EVERYONE think you're doing something important while you're killing 20 minutes having a stroll.

Yeah I used to do that strolling around the building thing too, as long as you had a piece of paper (or better still a few pieces of paper) nobody ever bothered me and always assumed I was doing something worth while, having a casual Friday makes working damn near impossible too.

Intriguing

I'd love to be forced to sit beside you at a sociable dinner sometime

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back