women of the world (2 Viewers)

Favourite O'Rourke? Geez, tough to call. Might be the Brise-Glace album When in Vanitas..., which I think is brilliant. Gastr del Sol's Upgrade & Afterlife and the first Fenn O'Berg album would be contenders as well.

Of his solo stuff, I might pick Happy Days, although I can see why it would bore the pants off of some people. But Bad Timing, Eureka, Insignificance and Halfway to a Threeway all have great moments.

The only one I have that I'm not mad about is Terminal Pharmacy, which is a bit too minimal and scrapey-scrapey for me.

Paul

i used jim o'rourke version of this for a video thing i did in collage and got a first! i'm convinced that the vid lecturer was just entranced by the deadliness of that song and thats wht i got such a good grade. after overplayng them some years back i've been listening to those three albums a lot again recently. jesus-fucking-christ but they're shocking great.

photon said:
Favourite O'Rourke? Geez, tough to call. Might be the Brise-Glace album When in Vanitas..., which I think is brilliant. Gastr del Sol's Upgrade & Afterlife and the first Fenn O'Berg album would be contenders as well.

Of his solo stuff, I might pick Happy Days, although I can see why it would bore the pants off of some people. But Bad Timing, Eureka, Insignificance and Halfway to a Threeway all have great moments.

The only one I have that I'm not mad about is Terminal Pharmacy, which is a bit too minimal and scrapey-scrapey for me.

Paul
Sorry, are you taking the fucking piss or do you just want to see how many of his albums you can mention in one post? Happy Days is not his best album. Even your bag is obscenely weird electronic improvisations or minimal cooncept music, it is a two note riff on a guitar and a hurdy gurdy drone, FOR FORTY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES!!!

coast to coast said:
Sorry, are you taking the fucking piss or do you just want to see how many of his albums you can mention in one post? Happy Days is not his best album. Even your bag is obscenely weird electronic improvisations or minimal cooncept music, it is a two note riff on a guitar and a hurdy gurdy drone, FOR FORTY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES!!!

Yeah, I wonder why it's only 45 mins too.

giveadogabone said:
anyone ever notice that the album titles Bad Timing, Eureka, Insignificance are the same as nic roegs film titles? in that sequence? kerazy:)

yeah he's talked about this before, apparantly he's a massive film buff

anywhere not heard about how I met him and nearly fell on top of him with the being pissed and being twice the tall of him and sort of scared him a bit?

not so much 'never meet your heros' as 'your heros should never meet you'

Said it before and I'll say it again, but he really creeped me out that time I met him with his Spice Girls wallet full of wet fivers...

gugai said:
But you do get your hair done in toni & guy.

oh yeah, i forgot there for a minute:) do ye like my new style?

toniandguy2.jpg

i can´t remeber whether i´m the one on the right or the left

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
There's something wrong with this?!

We can't all be on first name terms with Chick...cept maybe the Barretts.

I go for the MOD barber. It's confusing that he's on Middle St, and he's still called Abbey Barbers, but that's what I like because I'm so complicated myself. Maybe I should switch to Chick, to keep the business down the west....!bing

nEiLo said:
a similar trick is used on Gastr Del Sol's "Bauchredner" which is my favourite JOR related release.

And also a cover, FYI, of a Silvia Ocougne guitar track from Arnold Dreyblatt's Animal Magnetism CD on Tzadik. Not that it's credited in the Camoufleur liners.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back