women of the world (1 Viewer)

"women of the world take over/ cos if you don´t the world will come to an end/ it won´t take long"

i like the sentiment. kinda takes the pressure of us men folk:)

Pantone247 said:
first time I listened to bad timing and 'that' band comes in on the last track, I nearly shit my pants... took weeks to get my head round that someone actually decided that should happen on a record, total genius...

a similar trick is used on Gastr Del Sol's "Bauchredner" which is my favourite JOR related release.

god yeah, bad timing.. touché! awesome stuff.

wasn't there a vicious rumour knocking around (probably on thumped) earlier this year that he was releasing a new rekkid in 2005? s'bollox, yeah?

Pantone247 said:
first time I listened to bad timing and 'that' band comes in on the last track, I nearly shit my pants... took weeks to get my head round that someone actually decided that should happen on a record, total genius...
!

I fucking love that bit. Also the Ivor Cutler one I have includes the lyrics
"Men have had their shot / and look at what we've go / So women of the world, take over..."

And funily enough my brother said exactly the same thing to me yesterday (about the track being deadly, not about women "taking over" from men).

Pantone247 said:
this I have not heard what's it on
Camoufleur, last track I think.

Does JOR play all the fucked-up guitar in Gastr del Sol (e.g. Work From Smoke) or does David Grubbs play crazy acoustic too? Or is he just on the quasi-bogey lyrics?

coast to coast said:
Camoufleur, last track I think.

Does JOR play all the fucked-up guitar in Gastr del Sol (e.g. Work From Smoke) or does David Grubbs play crazy acoustic too? Or is he just on the quasi-bogey lyrics?

Grubbs is an amazing guitarist. I think he does most of the playing.

Pantone247 said:

Me too!!

I think i actually fell off my seat hearing that one!
(*bapbap bah....!! bapbapbah! or more realistic trumpet sounds*)

Jim is my favourite:heart:

I have this chronically bad condition.. I can't stop collecting Jim O' Rourke/O'Rourke related albums....

He rocks and that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back