WILLIAM BURROUGHS (1 Viewer)

Ian (22 Apr, 2002 08:20 p.m.):
fansap (22 Apr, 2002 03:26 p.m.):

He recorded a song with Nirvana before he died didn't he?

Well a couple of years before Kurt died anyway... willy lasted a bit longer... it wasent with the full band anyway... its just 20 or so minites of Kurt feeding back whilst ole bill recites a short story called "The Preist They Called Him"... its pritty good, I have a copy of it somewhere... another vertion turned up on his "spare ass annie" album that he made with the disposable heros of hip hoprecy sept it was called"the Junkies Christmas"
other albums of note are "call me Burrows" (recorded by Brian Gysun the artist who invented the cut up method of writing)(also used by Bowie and Reed for lyrics)... and "dead city radio" which is amazing! it features John Cale and Sonic youth...
Thanks for reminding me of this, I must go home and dig those albums up... I'll leave the books where they are though, theres far too many (as a bloody student I had a bit of an obsession)

Where could one get any copies of these pieces??
Especially the John Cale stuff?

Try ebay.com - By the way..
There is a movie of THE RUM DIARY being made at the moment - Hunter s. Thompson`s novel.And its featuring Johnny Depp and i think others that appeared in FEAR & LOATHING IN L.VEGAS.
So that should keep all you fiends of the streets for a while when it comes out.
They (we?) should make a movie of ON THE ROAD (kerouac`s book)...emmm...

Yea, an Irish movie of ON THE ROAD would`nt be great - travelling from dublin to galway to cork to belfast, the adventure of it!!A movie of JUNKY??Trench coats and vials of smack, shot around Ireland?But people might start relating it to Trainspotting and shit....
See www.litkicks.com - its got some good articles about the beats and others...

fansap (23 Apr, 2002 09:23 a.m.):
Ian (22 Apr, 2002 08:20 p.m.):
fansap (22 Apr, 2002 03:26 p.m.):

He recorded a song with Nirvana before he died didn't he?

Well a couple of years before Kurt died anyway... willy lasted a bit longer... it wasent with the full band anyway... its just 20 or so minites of Kurt feeding back whilst ole bill recites a short story called "The Preist They Called Him"... its pritty good, I have a copy of it somewhere... another vertion turned up on his "spare ass annie" album that he made with the disposable heros of hip hoprecy sept it was called"the Junkies Christmas"
other albums of note are "call me Burrows" (recorded by Brian Gysun the artist who invented the cut up method of writing)(also used by Bowie and Reed for lyrics)... and "dead city radio" which is amazing! it features John Cale and Sonic youth...
Thanks for reminding me of this, I must go home and dig those albums up... I'll leave the books where they are though, theres far too many (as a bloody student I had a bit of an obsession)

Where could one get any copies of these pieces??
Especially the John Cale stuff?

Could be convinced to burn you some stuff, if you could make it worth my while (but not in the brown way mind)

Did any one the "Hello Culture" series on C4. The beats got a look in.

It was a relaxed, anthropolist type overview of some big themes in western culture......

cool site too:

http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/H/hello_culture/flash/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back