WILLIAM BURROUGHS (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
"As a young child I wanted to be a writer because writers were rich and famous. They lounged around Singapore and Rangoon smoking opium in a yellow pongee silk suit. They sniffed cocaine in Mayfair and they penetrated forbidden swamps with a faithful native boy and lived in the Native Quarter of Tangier smoking hashish and languidly caressing a pet gazelle."

-Burroughs

ANY FANS ABOUT THEN??

I'm a fan but i can't say i know much about him other than the fact that he was a beat writer,did lots of drugs and had a lot of sex with whomever would have it with him.Other than that he was just another dude in a suit.As for rimbaud....now there's a fucking lunatic!

He locked himself in a room for a year on smack and when he awoke he had written Naked Lunch(makes the film more understandable)
Industrial Heads claim to be inspired by his books because he used to chop them up and put them back together in different forms...
He also liked little boys- but was married
I also think he accidently killed his wife...hmm?

I like him and find him repulsive. He had some really interesting approaches to writing...the cut up technique and his interest in stream of conciousness.

mad though. mad as a cabbage.

..did some cool work with Tom Waits on Black Rider...

"when it gets too hot for comfort and you can't find ice cream cones....'taint no sin, to take off yer skin, and dance around in yer bones....la la la"

fansap (22 Apr, 2002 03:34 p.m.):
I also think he accidently killed his wife...hmm?

Yup,shotgun to the head while doing his william tell impression...i think,or was that ozzy?

"JUNKIE" is meant to be loosely based on the william tell incident - i think that was his best book.Well its easy to understand and shorter i suppose.
Hunter s.Thompson is a fuckin lunatic as well -Rimbaud...well....Theres a new biography of him just out ..rock`n`roll all the way..He was nuts though..

snakybus (22 Apr, 2002 03:49 p.m.):
did you ever see Hunter S Thompson interviewed? He can't even talk he's so fucked.

He still writes a weekly column for espn.It's on the internet aswell but i'm not sure what the address is.
espn.com maybe???

Rimbaud (22 Apr, 2002 03:47 p.m.):
"JUNKIE" is meant to be loosely based on the william tell incident

Is said incident even mentioned in junkie? And isn't it autobiographical and not based on anything per sé?

Are you thinking of Naked Lunch? )

Of what I have read, I'd prefer the Cities Of The Red Night, and not just because the fact that I was reading it and a comic called (I think) Enigma convinced my father that I was in fact a flaming homosexual.

fansap (22 Apr, 2002 03:26 p.m.):

He recorded a song with Nirvana before he died didn't he?

Well a couple of years before Kurt died anyway... willy lasted a bit longer... it wasent with the full band anyway... its just 20 or so minites of Kurt feeding back whilst ole bill recites a short story called "The Preist They Called Him"... its pritty good, I have a copy of it somewhere... another vertion turned up on his "spare ass annie" album that he made with the disposable heros of hip hoprecy sept it was called"the Junkies Christmas"
other albums of note are "call me Burrows" (recorded by Brian Gysun the artist who invented the cut up method of writing)(also used by Bowie and Reed for lyrics)... and "dead city radio" which is amazing! it features John Cale and Sonic youth...
Thanks for reminding me of this, I must go home and dig those albums up... I'll leave the books where they are though, theres far too many (as a bloody student I had a bit of an obsession)

steven stealberg (22 Apr, 2002 07:45 p.m.):
Wheels (22 Apr, 2002 05:06 p.m.):
Check out Last Words, his final journals.
Quite a different side of him.

HAHA! i knew it! i knew you'd find an opportunity to give an opinion you big ten pence peddling evil educated 80's bearded fecker:)

Listen you shit stirring tv magic queer whinge bag - scrap at the back of Super valu after school. Then I'll learns ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back