• Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
So i just got quoted €499 for a Sigma 10-20mm lens.... that can't be right, can it?

Any recommendations? The next time I find myself in Death Valley at dawn, I'd like to be able to take some appropriately impressive pictures.

So i just got quoted €499 for a Sigma 10-20mm lens.... that can't be right, can it?

t'is a great lens pete. got the folks to pick me up a 24-70 2.8 when they were in ny the other week. sigmas are a fantastic and cheaper alt to canon brand. only thing is the zoom mechanism on them is really stiff and for some bizarre reason the manual focus is a 2 step procedure.

t'is a great lens pete. got the folks to pick me up a 24-70 2.8 when they were in ny the other week. sigmas are a fantastic and cheaper alt to canon brand. only thing is the zoom mechanism on them is really stiff and for some bizarre reason the manual focus is a 2 step procedure.

yeah i've a sigma 70-300mm APO jobby that's quite nice.

i hadn't the nerve to ask how much the equivalent Canon 10-20mm would be...

yeah i've a sigma 70-300mm APO jobby that's quite nice.

i hadn't the nerve to ask how much the equivalent Canon 10-20mm would be...

it'd be about an extra 300 for the canon version.
its not a prime lens (aperture is 3.5-4.5) so for gigs without a flash it'd be fairly bog standard. ive used it once for architectural photography and it was sweet, lotta distortion though obviously due to the width of the lens.

Damn. Blocked by websense. This fucking kip....

Wide angle lenses are expensive enough. All lenses are expensive enough. What about taking two pics and stitching them together? The Canon stitcher is quiet good. Obviously there's much better ones out there. But it's a good start.

The Canon EF-S one is €899.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back