What's the stupidest thing you've ever said in an interview? (1 Viewer)

I once went through a 5-6 hour interview that included a walkthrough of the department. From the beginning, the interviewer (there was only one main guy but he introduced me to people as we walked around) told me I wasn't suited to the job and the length of the contract was too short for me to learn the techniques correctly. SO WHY THE FUCK INVITE ME TO FUCKING DUNDEE TO GO THROUGH SUCH A LONG AND FUTILE INTERVIEW!?

Also, I fixed one piece of their equipment while walking around with them and that still didn't convince them that I might be able to learn their technique in a year.

I once went through a 5-6 hour interview that included a walkthrough of the department. From the beginning, the interviewer (there was only one main guy but he introduced me to people as we walked around) told me I wasn't suited to the job and the length of the contract was too short for me to learn the techniques correctly. SO WHY THE FUCK INVITE ME TO FUCKING DUNDEE TO GO THROUGH SUCH A LONG AND FUTILE INTERVIEW!?

Also, I fixed one piece of their equipment while walking around with them and that still didn't convince them that I might be able to learn their technique in a year.
that is actually hilarious :)

I had someone ask me why I wanted this job, and I realised I had no idea what the job was (apart from it was vaguely software related) or what the company did. I floundered around the question for a while, but it was obvious to everyone

Not on-topic, but interview related ... I went for an interview for a job in Swindon once, primarily because they paid to fly me over from Dublin which meant I could visit my girlfriend in Coventry. In the room where they interviewed me was an 'inspirational' poster with a picture of a sailing boat saying something like "You can't discover new worlds if you are afraid to lose sight of the land", which inspired me to turn down the job when they offered it and spend a year on the dole playing in a band

Confusing_offer.jpg

Went for an interview to get a place on a Masters course in a certain Dublin university once. Began a lengthy answer referencing the three arms of government, the legislative, the executive and the judiciary. All good. Except I forgot the third one. Which led me to say:

"So obviously there's the legislative, the executive and...y'know, the other one"

I did not get a place on the course. Also, in hindsight, this answer was in any case only tangentially relevant to the subject matter of the interview (I was rambling at this point) so even had I not forgot "the judiciary" I still don't think I would have wowed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back