whats Oslo like? (1 Viewer)

Charlie Bucket

anyone been? much fun? goin there in october for about a week...how cold will it get? is accomodation expensive? booze is very dear apparently (just as well i've gone straight edge;)) recommendations?? (besides church burnings/black metal murder tours?)

anyone been? much fun? goin there in october for about a week...how cold will it get? is accomodation expensive? booze is very dear apparently (just as well i've gone straight edge;)) recommendations?? (besides church burnings/black metal murder tours?)

I've been to the airport there. It's lovely.

Its a deadly place. Very expensicve though you'll be used to that from IReland wha?

October will probably be like Ireland more or less. I was there till the start of october, and it was still nice.

Pretty cool but ridiculously expensive, not just for booze, for everything. Way more expensive than Ireland. But worth a visit!

Go to these places:
Vigeland Park (deadly sculptures, it's in all the guide books)

Sound of Mu on Markveien (great little bar/ gallery/ venue, tell Barry I said hi)

Cafe Mir on Toftesgate (great slightly bigger venue/ bar)

Emmanuel Vigeland's Mausoleum at Slemdal (brother of the bloke who did the sculptures in the park. It's out in the suburbs and only open on Sundays but worth a visit! Wear nice socks though, you have to take off your shoes)

cool! it will be cool!! but will it be cold? i want snow!!!

Nah, not really snow there time yet.

just be careful with wacky bacy there, they have some weird laws about that and the Norwegians actually are quite fond of laws, much less Danish in their outlook on that issue.

Nah, not really snow there time yet.

just be careful with wacky bacy there, they have some weird laws about that and the Norwegians actually are quite fond of laws, much less Danish in their outlook on that issue.

goin on tuesday! thanks for all yr recommendations folks:)....will report back!

Oh yeah? Its still a bit burn on the money front?
I was insano when I was there last, but, Dublin seemed to be only slightly less insano. I was staying with people though, so they might have been shielding me from the full force of the blow. Buying petrol t

Did you eat any meat out there?
I forgot to mention that. You might want to consider being vegetarian in Norway. Maybe a fish eating vegie, the meat is brutal and is silly prices.

Did you like the place or not?

Oslo's class, not a very big city but a lot to do/see, go in winter, its nicest. Drink is incredibly dear but I guess that doesn't matter to you. A decent hostel is Anchor, its supposedly in the 'bad' part of town but when you see what they mean by 'bad' you'll laugh.

Oh yeah? Its still a bit burn on the money front?
I was insano when I was there last, but, Dublin seemed to be only slightly less insano. I was staying with people though, so they might have been shielding me from the full force of the blow. Buying petrol t

Did you eat any meat out there?
I forgot to mention that. You might want to consider being vegetarian in Norway. Maybe a fish eating vegie, the meat is brutal and is silly prices.

Did you like the place or not?

what the fuck am I on about?

Are all my posts this rubbish?
Jesus.

Right re the "bad" part of Oslo. If you've been brought up in Dublin, there are no bad parts of Oslo. There might be bad parts of Rio de Janeiro, or Newark, or Glasgow, not Norway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back