What podcasts do you subscribe to? (3 Viewers)

Goodbye

Inspired by the Do you listen to the radio much? Thread...

I get the Jonathan Ross highlights once a week
The Indie Hour since Ro was on it
& some geeky film type stuff.

I rarely get a chance to listen though.

I get the Adam and Joe one, an american office one and Gift Grub. I find it really hard to find ones that I like..
Ian are there are good film ones that you recommend?

Smodcast
Channel Frederator
LynchLand
dhlovelife
Tikibar tv
BBC The Film Programme
KCRW's The Treatment (Elvis Mitchel seems to know everything about every film ever made - a fantastic interviewer with a great engaging voice)
Friday Night Comedy From The BBC
A Few different ones from The New Yorker
NewsPod - from the BBC
OUR CHANGING WORLD - from Radio New Zealand National

And Some random others on and off.

Just realized it today. Sweet high pitched, Mr. Glass. Showtime is doing a visual counterpart now too.

the visual counterpart is sort of sucky by contrast. there's one or two that don't disappoint, but it just seems a bit obvious and laboured in tv form. here is ira talking about it (on borders tv), my imaginary radio boyfriend.

anyway:

- this american life (the latest, human resources, is a good place to start. i think i've listened to about 99.5% of the archive, for reals.)
- wnyc radio lab (sort of like, science and behavioral experiments documented through sound collage)
- studio 360 (mishmash of arts, accessible but not lowest common denominator, kurt andersen is an amazing interviewer)
- savage lovecast (dtmfa!)
- the sound of young america (different guests each episode, jesse thorn is also a great interviewer)
- jordan, jesse, go! (same jesse as TSOYA - informal bordering on self-indulgent at times, but it's usually entertaining and sometimes brilliant - i just find some US comedy stuff leaves me cold)
- bbc radio 4's 'in our time' with melvyn bragg (warming to this - a history of ideas)

i think pillaging the CBC archives is my next plan, i like the wiretap stuff i've heard.

i like storytelling and ideas and good interviews, and i'm usually listening to them during drawing marathons (click click click click, command-click, click click click, scroll, command-click-click-click) so it takes more than funny or cult-of-personality to keep me subscribed.

Ian are there are good film ones that you recommend?

Sundance film fest have a good podcast. Bit smug, but what can you do.

Other film related stuff I subscribe to are techniques for Final Cut Pro and the like, other than g-stereo, the bongo and perhaps Wilbert I cant imagine anyone else being bothered with that kind of geekdom. Who else want to listen to Walter Murch for 2 hours talking about editing?

Smodcast
Channel Frederator
LynchLand
dhlovelife
Tikibar tv
BBC The Film Programme
KCRW's The Treatment (Elvis Mitchel seems to know everything about every film ever made - a fantastic interviewer with a great engaging voice)
Friday Night Comedy From The BBC
A Few different ones from The New Yorker
NewsPod - from the BBC
OUR CHANGING WORLD - from Radio New Zealand National

And Some random others on and off.

nice one rob, must delve a little deeper.

Adam & Joe on 6music amuses me.
The Bugle cos of Pantone.
The Guardian Football Weekly & Tech Weekly.
John Giles on Off The Ball :)
Japanesepod101.
PCPro.
Radiohead 'In Rainbows'.

The Adam & Joe & Guardian Football ones are the only ones I unfailingly listen to though.

the visual counterpart is sort of sucky by contrast. there's one or two that don't disappoint, but it just seems a bit obvious and laboured in tv form. here is ira talking about it (on borders tv), my imaginary radio boyfriend.

anyway:

- this american life (the latest, human resources, is a good place to start. i think i've listened to about 99.5% of the archive, for reals.)
- wnyc radio lab (sort of like, science and behavioral experiments documented through sound collage)
- studio 360 (mishmash of arts, accessible but not lowest common denominator, kurt andersen is an amazing interviewer)
- savage lovecast (dtmfa!)
- the sound of young america (different guests each episode, jesse thorn is also a great interviewer)
- jordan, jesse, go! (same jesse as TSOYA - informal bordering on self-indulgent at times, but it's usually entertaining and sometimes brilliant - i just find some US comedy stuff leaves me cold)
- bbc radio 4's 'in our time' with melvyn bragg (warming to this - a history of ideas)

i think pillaging the CBC archives is my next plan, i like the wiretap stuff i've heard.

i like storytelling and ideas and good interviews, and i'm usually listening to them during drawing marathons (click click click click, command-click, click click click, scroll, command-click-click-click) so it takes more than funny or cult-of-personality to keep me subscribed.

been listening to the sound of young america and this american life for the last few days thanks to you. cheers for the heads up!
good tsoya with bunk and bubbs and another with george pelecanos for fans of the wire. jesse is a really good interviewer. i was shocked to see how young he is.

i normally listen mainly to music podcasts, the odd comedy one and design tutorials.

on the music front brooklynradio.net have some great shows, namely the rub, controlled substance and one day later. one day later has a great prince mix up that i recommend.

mad decents podcast is great for keeping up with the kids.

stephens frys podgrams are nice too, if ya like him that is.

adam and joe is always good but i prefer to get the full radio show (minus the music) rather than the condensed podcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back