Story
This is for a mate not me.

Either

JCM 800 pre 81
Superlead 70's or reissue
Orange...wishful thinking but you never know
Hiwatt

Has to be under 1000 euro

"Beat it" music in Blackrock (Dundalk), Co.Louth is your best bet. Loads of old Marshall heads but they're about €800 for the head alone. I'm going to be selling a 50Watt MKII (from 78 I think) in a few weeks once I get it serviced.

sparse said:
"Beat it" music in Blackrock (Dundalk), Co.Louth is your best bet. Loads of old Marshall heads but they're about €800 for the head alone. I'm going to be selling a 50Watt MKII (from 78 I think) in a few weeks once I get it serviced.

I have been on to them.I bought tons of shit of that dude,great to deal with.

Those heads are all superleads.

Some of the old Sound City heads are great value for an almost Hiwatt sound..a bit more fender-y twang to them, also remind me a little of an AC30. The 50 watt ones are seriously loud (i have one but its not for sale!) Ebay have them occasionally. Really nice sound but you have to be carefull that the components are all in good nick. Like all old amps over time the capacitors deteriorate and may need replaced.

All the reports on the 120 and 100 watt heads from Sound City say that they are WAY TOO LOUD! No master volume on them so I suppose you really have to crank them up to get any drive.

nonemoreblack said:
Some of the old Sound City heads are great value for an almost Hiwatt sound..a bit more fender-y twang to them, also remind me a little of an AC30. The 50 watt ones are seriously loud (i have one but its not for sale!) Ebay have them occasionally. Really nice sound but you have to be carefull that the components are all in good nick. Like all old amps over time the capacitors deteriorate and may need replaced.

All the reports on the 120 and 100 watt heads from Sound City say that they are WAY TOO LOUD! No master volume on them so I suppose you really have to crank them up to get any drive.

Both my mates in Slomatics have 120 Sound Citys and they twin them with a Hiwatt and Orange head at some gigs...havent heard it yet but they are fucking loud going through one head each so I can only imagine 4 heads and and four 4x4 cabs.:eek:

brianoak said:
Both my mates in Slomatics have 120 Sound Citys and they twin them with a Hiwatt and Orange head at some gigs...havent heard it yet but they are fucking loud going through one head each so I can only imagine 4 heads and and four 4x4 cabs.:eek:

Chris is actually selling his custom Matamp (which is essentially an Orange but much more highly spec-ed) at the mo too - think it's 600 english on ebay currently. Hell of an amp that.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-MATAMP-1224-MK-II-AMPLIFIER-orange-hiwatt_W0QQitemZ7424689711QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chris's gear list is like a guitarists wet dream, it's all ******** this and vintage that, custom this and limited t'other.

TenRabbits said:
Chris is actually selling his custom Matamp (which is essentially an Orange but much more highly spec-ed) at the mo too - think it's 600 english on ebay currently. Hell of an amp that.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-MATAMP-1224-MK-II-AMPLIFIER-orange-hiwatt_W0QQitemZ7424689711QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chris's gear list is like a guitarists wet dream, it's all ******** this and vintage that, custom this and limited t'other.

ah I know yeah I was staying with him last week.Good amp but a bit limited soundwise.

nonemoreblack said:
Jesus.

Sound engineers must love them! That would be the kind out volume that cures constipation.

ah there is nothing Mac in Belfast cant make sound great hehe

brianoak said:
ah I know yeah I was staying with him last week.Good amp but a bit limited soundwise.
Aye.. he likes it sludgy and heavy alright! Don't think it would take too much to change it tho - it's very easy to setup.

I've just noticed that one of the words I used was swear-filtered.. that's a bit weird! It's not a bad word!! How can I cay fucking cunt and not ********!!

brianoak said:

i agree.

i've seen some superleads in the buy and sell and on boards.ie instruments fs for decent prices.

damien said:
i agree.

i've seen some superleads in the buy and sell and on boards.ie instruments fs for decent prices.

Im actually trying to sort a deal on two at the mo.Hopefully the dude comes through for me.

sparse said:
Got a number for these guys? Looking for a JCM 900 Dual reverb thingy at the moment.

briney said:
Got a number for these guys? Looking for a JCM 900 Dual reverb thingy at the moment.

No point,Conor is away till the end of July and he is the best man to talk to.

sparse said:
Could everyone just take a second to allow me to gloat about the 1977 Superlead 100W that I purchased on Saturday! Oh happy days!

cool,how much did you pay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back