Vintage AC30 for sale, cheap... but only today or tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

I play too good for the pedal to shine...it would be wasted on me

welllll.... the BP is only kinda a tubescreamer... it's also kinda like a Xotic AC and kinda like a Landgraff DO...

And if the BP comes through I'll get rid of one of the two maxons... prolly the OD 9 Pro+... what I really need is a decent delay! but hard to pass up a BP for essentially free...

The BP is one of the best OD's I've heard... very flexible, three modes (analogue sounding "tube" drive/plexi drive/clean boost), bass boost... runs at 18v... the whole thing...

The Xotic and Landgraff are variations on the tubescreamer too, same circuit with a few changed values. All accounts on the boiling point say it's one of the best TS style circuits out there and I love the swirl paint jobs. Can't argue with free either.

Might have to build something similar for myself once I get the Mace as I really liked the modded* 808 we used to run into a Fender Twin.

*more bass and assymetrical clipping so probably closer to the BP than a real 808

Still surprised no one has hopped on this AC30 yet!

The Xotic and Landgraff are variations on the tubescreamer too, same circuit with a few changed values. All accounts on the boiling point say it's one of the best TS style circuits out there and I love the swirl paint jobs. Can't argue with free either.

Might have to build something similar for myself once I get the Mace as I really liked the modded* 808 we used to run into a Fender Twin.

*more bass and assymetrical clipping so probably closer to the BP than a real 808

Still surprised no one has hopped on this AC30 yet!

I know re: AC, very strange...

as for BP, if you wanna have a look at the guts once I have it, feel free!

Trying to decide which of the three boosts/ODs I have to get rid of... really like the OD 9 Pro+, as maxon pedals sound great and that mid boost is super classy... but the clean boost of the 820 is just... well it's super unique to my ears... just very natural "amp sounding"... a real pleasure to play... but pretty subtle...

With the Boiling Point you'll have lots of nice mid bump too so I'd say get rid of the 9.

Cheers for the offer but I've seen the guts/schematic already so no need.

With the Boiling Point you'll have lots of nice mid bump too so I'd say get rid of the 9.

Cheers for the offer but I've seen the guts/schematic already so no need.

thanks for the advice ;)

Do you buy into that whole maxon thing, where they build the cases bigger to try and isolate components and minimise crosstalk??

What's your fave OD pedals?

Did you happen to see that thread about the fade in/fade out pedal?

Think you could make something like that?

Nope wouldn't buy into that at all, sounds like marketing nonsense. The big cases look nice and they're different to the Ibanez that's all I reckon.

My favourite overdrives would probably be the Tech21 character series, either Oxford or VTBass even though they're a lot more than just an overdrive pedal. I also really like the dod250 I've modded and for super transperency it'd be the OCD. I also quite like the TS808 style stuff but I prefer the dod. I really think it all depends on the amp your using and getting a good match between the pedal and the amp. The SHO or any other MOSFET based boost also work really well pushing an already dirty amp and adding a bit of magic to it all.

Have you a link to that fade in fade out pedal idea/thread?

Nope wouldn't buy into that at all, sounds like marketing nonsense. The big cases look nice and they're different to the Ibanez that's all I reckon.My favourite overdrives would probably be the Tech21 character series, either Oxford or VTBass even though they're a lot more than just an overdrive pedal. I also really like the dod250 I've modded and for super transperency it'd be the OCD. I also quite like the TS808 style stuff but I prefer the dod. I really think it all depends on the amp your using and getting a good match between the pedal and the amp. The SHO or any other MOSFET based boost also work really well pushing an already dirty amp and adding a bit of magic to it all.Have you a link to that fade in fade out pedal idea/thread?
Sent you the link. If you could make it pretty cheap and cool looking i'd bet you could sell them pretty regularly. Its a very useful idea. Fade in/fade out should be button switchable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back