Vinage Selmar Reed/Fan/Suitcase Organ for sale in Dublin (1 Viewer)

hobojojo

Hello,

I'm selling an old suitcase fan organ from my collection.
Its a Selmer italian made organ, probably from the 60's, but maybe early 70's.

How it Works:
You plug it in and hit the on switch on the far right of the keys to start the fan. Then as you press down on the keys it allow air to pass through the reeds and the note sounds.

On the right you have individual notes and on the left you have 12 chord buttons. the chords are bass chords, an octave below the lowest octave of individual keys. The chords are B, F, C, G, D, A with the top row playing major chords and the bottom row playing the minors.

This is mainly used for recording as it has to be mic'ed up, these is no output or anything like that seeing as though its not a digital instrument, the sound is made by reeds.....not some kind of electronic sound.

Sound:
The sound of the organ is excellent, all individual notes and chord buttons function perfectly.

Physical Condition:
The keyboards is very clean, amazingly well kept. unfortunately the legs were not present when i bought this , so i just put it on a keyboard stand instead. The lid is detachable so you can take it of when playing, but locks onto the bottom part for transporting. Also, there is a handle on the front so you can carry it easily.

Asking for €180 again, similar to the last one i sold on here.

Reason for sale: im moving to Barcelona at the start of oct and cant bring most of my instrument, and i have quite a few.
Other things im thinking about selling include:

Fender Jag Japanese sunburn reissue.
Fender stage 1600 amp (160 watts)
Bontempi digital organ
Eko Tiger 61 (in need of some restoration)

give me a shout if any of these interest you, i can put up photos of them too....

P1010080.JPG

P10100831.JPG

P1010082.JPG

P1010079.JPG
P1010076.JPG

Hi Livewire,
i lent it to my friend as he's doing some recording with it at the moment, should have it back by the weekend and will post photos then. Its a beast of a thing, weights 17kg i think. Whats wrong with it that a contact for the lowest C note is constantly sounding, but i think this is literally just a case of cleaning the contact. Also some of the draw bars do not work properly. to be honest i bought this to be my main piece of kit, to do it up but im yet to start any work......sound is amazing. but now that im going away ill either have store it away till i get back, or sell it......
Anyway, ill post them photos as soon as i can.
Cheers,
Brian

So here are some photos of the Eko Tiger 61.
My friend took them today but i can post more when i get it back over the next week.....
the keys with the blue paper on them indicate that the key needs a new spring so that it will bounce back after being depressed.
As i said, it looks great but is a restoration job.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 79
I like it, have you gotten an estimate on how much it will cost to get repaired? Who does this sort of work in Dublin?

How much are looking for it?

Do you have the legs, or the top of the case?

Livewire,
I'll pm you now with more of the specifics of restoration.....

This model doesn't have a lid, its a stand alone organ, so heavy and big its not really meant to be portable or mobile. I think originally it came with a massive leather bag, i'v seen photos of these on the internet for other Eko keyboards but not this one......so i'm not sure. Either way, I dont have the case if one does exist for this model. As for the legs, i dont think it has legs, there is no place on the underside to screw in legs, etc. Any photos i'v seen on the internet of Eko organs just show them on large metal stands that do not collapse. I dont have a stand for this, i just put it on a table.
I doubt a regular keyboard stand would hold it either, as i said before it weights around 17kg

you might find this page helpful
http://www.combo-organ.com/Others/others.htm

Also, the photos dont show it but theres an output jack at the back, as well as a pedal output

Hi Pad,
Id sell the Jag for €450, its japanese, same one as you would get on thomann.de for €700/730 i think (i didn't get mine on the internet), except i replaced the jag bridge with a mustang bridge as the jag bridges are notorious for being terribly designed. The strings just don't stay in the grooves.
Its a sunburst colour, didn't play it that much and bought it from new. never gigged, probably never left the house to be honest. If your interested just pm me your email and ill send you photos.
Otherwise i reckon ill make an new ad for it, and everything else i plan on selling, sometime in the coming week,
Cheers,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back