Video from Everything Went Faster/Heavier fest '06 (1 Viewer)

deserve bigger venue's??!!
D.I.Y. deserves bigger venues, doubt that will happen though.

I like smallish venues meself.

I know they're DIY and all that lark but everytime I hear them/see them I can't help but think they tried to make it "big" but never quite got there

I know they're DIY and all that lark but everytime I hear them/see them I can't help but think they tried to make it "big" but never quite got there

With all due respect Graham, maybe it's just how you've phrased it, but that's a remarkably dumb thing to say about them.I don't think anybody in Threads has the remotest interest, or has ever had the remotest interest in doing things anyway other than DIY.Are we to take it then that DIY bands can't actually be all about music instead of politics?That anyone in the DIY scene who's (hell forfend) more interested in putting on a bit of a show or rocking out is actually a failed rock star?

Fuck that.More bands giving it socks a la Threads please.

With all due respect Graham, maybe it's just how you've phrased it, but that's a remarkably dumb thing to say about them.I don't think anybody in Threads has the remotest interest, or has ever had the remotest interest in doing things anyway other than DIY.Are we to take it then that DIY bands can't actually be all about music instead of politics?That anyone in the DIY scene who's (hell forfend) more interested in putting on a bit of a show or rocking out is actually a failed rock star?

Yeah your right about the phrasing.. Wish there was an edit button right about now..

completely agree with jamie here, D.I.Y isnt supposed to be a means to an end ,its meant to be the end itself (this isnt specifically aimed at you gambra i know ya work yer balls off puttin on d.i.y gigs so ya know the score).And although it rarely happens in this country ,with population being an obvious reason, D.I.Y should always strive to create a viable and sustainable alternative to the mainstream not just be the half arsed, why expect more ,little brother of mainstream music and culture.

and threads fuckin rock

completely agree with jamie here, D.I.Y isnt supposed to be a means to an end ,its meant to be the end itself (this isnt specifically aimed at you gambra i know ya work yer balls off puttin on d.i.y gigs so ya know the score).And although it rarely happens in this country ,with population being an obvious reason, D.I.Y should always strive to create a viable and sustainable alternative to the mainstream not just be the half arsed, why expect more ,little brother of mainstream music and culture.

and threads fuckin rock

how eloquent:)

looking through some other threads/forums found this...
these are the weekenders we used to put on!
when we started this at the time my band - bumsnogger - really couldnt get any gigs, 2002/3...
so we decided to do our own so we could play them!
that 06 was the last ewh/ewf..
and we are in the bits inbetween the bands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back