pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
From CNN:

Who do you think won the first U.S. presidential debate?

President George W. Bush 18% 42239 votes

Sen. John Kerry 78% 180847 votes

Evenly matched 4% 10118 votes

Total: 233204 votes
If only it meant anything.

It was hilarious, a slaughter, but bush was talking so slow and repeating the same lowest common denominator mantras he probably did reach out to gung ho america.

"They also agreed nuclear proliferation was the greatest threat facing the US." - BBC news

That's right, remember when they flew those two nuclear war heads into the world tra.... uh hang on a second...

Sometimes I wonder is Kerry just as big a schmuck as Bush. One things for sure the Clinton days feel like a far off Golden Age right now.

Clinton was as much a cocksmoker as any of the above mentioned. I really fail to see why people get so misty eyed over him. He was just a better speaker but his politics were nearly as nasty. He just hid it better that's all.

Dixer said:
It's good cop/bad cop politics. Democrats and Republicans might as well be in cahoots.
I seems that even if people thought Kerry won the debate, it did little to alter the perception that Kerry is indecisive, and thats what will drag him down the most.

Sample quote:

One of Mr. Bush's supporters, Brandon Glen, an 18-year-old freshman from Wyoming, agreed that Mr. Kerry performed better. He quickly added that he didn't care.

"President Bush isn't really great at debating," Mr. Glen said. "He's not the best at thinking on his feet. But in theory and in practice, he's a great leader and commander in chief, and that's what this country needs now."
Bush a great commander in chief? If you count 1000+ dead US troops, 13000+ dead Iraqi civilians, chaos in Iraqi society, and the presence of terrorists in Iraq (for the first time Mr. Bush, seeing as they were nowhere near Iraq pre-war) as successful, then yeah he's a great CiC.

:rolleyes:

True, I'll never forget him bombing Iraq the day of his impeachment hearing...

At the same time the Kerry v's Bush race has become a game of 'who's arab ass are they going to kick' and 'how hard are we going to kick it'... I think Clintons world view was a little borader then Johnny and Georgies

Latex lizzie said:
Clinton was as much a cocksmoker as any of the above mentioned. I really fail to see why people get so misty eyed over him. He was just a better speaker but his politics were nearly as nasty. He just hid it better that's all.

therecklessone said:
and the presence of terrorists in Iraq (for the first time Mr. Bush, seeing as they were nowhere near Iraq pre-war)
This got me thinking. Bush's pre-emptive strike on Iraq was a bit like that priest in Father Ted who wrecked the parochial house, kicking in doors and pulling down book cases, all the while saying stuff like:

"shoddy workmanship Ted" and "sure you'd talk that down".

End result? House wrecked, hence he was right all along...

:rolleyes:

Who do you think won the first U.S. presidential debate?

President George W. Bush 21% 105463 votes

Sen. John Kerry 72% 351649 votes

Evenly matched 7% 34413 votes
Total: 491525 votes
Same poll. be interesting to see how it looks tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back