Tsunami Benefit gig. (1 Viewer)

SeanR

Website
punk4it.proboards29.com
When? - Saturday week (29th of January), 5pm till 10pm

Where? - Urban Junction, Main Street Blackrock

Who's playing? - Verbal Discretion, The Spungos, The Scavengers, Chewing On Tinfoil, SPG, The Tightwads, Onymous and more.

How much? - 7 euro. Might seem kinda spendy BUT it's for charity: all funds go to the Tsunami Appeal.

What? - No booze or the venue will be lost.

How to get there? - Get the DART to Blackrock station and walk to the Main Street (which is right beside the Shopping Centre). OR. Get the number 7 from outside Trinity College and get off right outside the venue on the Main Street in Blackrock (just after the bus turns left at the Shopping Centre).

Anyone care?

I see the point being made there Corm but should people say "We've only given these starving people (etc.) €1.5 so these tsunami victims should only get that too."

And I also see the point that there's so many fundraising events for the disaster victims right now and nothing for the perpetually suffering people and well, I agree-it's shit. But I ain't organising the gig so I don't really have a say where the money goes.... Though, if I did, it'd probably still go to the Tsunami Appeal...... fuckin' media.......

Sean (V.D.) said:
I see the point being made there Corm but should people say "We've only given these starving people (etc.) €1.5 so these tsunami victims should only get that too."

eh no i think the point was more along the lines of "we're giving these tsunami victims millions so those starving people ('etc.') should get that too."

Not really, one involves giving fuck all aid to everyone, the other involves giving lots of aid to everyone. The current accepted method of course is to give lots of aid to people America likes and fuck all aid to people America doesn't like.

hah! i was wunderin what kind of reaction id get to 'fuck charity' on this thread. none... altho on the punk for it one, the kid hu was organising the gig was there so... obviously gonna be a difference...

spuded said:
and if ya hovered the mouse over it and it said, 'jump off a cliff' would ya do that too, tut tut Li:p
no, but i might use it as a handy pictorial representation of jumping off a cliff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back